Hermione

Hello berries!
I’m interested to hear what you think about [name]Hermione[/name]. Not the character, the name.
[name]Do[/name] you like/dislike the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association?
Is it to stressful to have your child’s name tied to a book character?
[name]How[/name] do you feel about the name in general?

Thanks guys!

I think [name]Hermione[/name]'s beautiful. It has three wonderful associations for me. The original namesake, the daughter of [name]Helen[/name] & Melenaus from The Odyssey/Greek mythology, the beautiful queen in [name]Shakespeare[/name]'s The [name]Winter[/name]'s Play and [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Granger[/name]. I like the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] association; I love the books (they’re brilliant) and the [name]Hermione[/name] character is empowering and such a good role model. I can’t see a problem having a name associated with that girl.

I like [name]Hermione[/name]… Awesome associations. I do think it’s HP connection makes it a bit difficult for a kid to wear. As a parent I would think it’s awesome, as a 15 year old? Idk.

I really like the name [name]Hermione[/name]. I think while growing up she might get some comments on her name bc of HP but since the character of [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Granger[/name] is a nice person (versus some other people in the books) I´d still consider it a good name to wear. If nothing but she will be considered as a smart and lovely girl :slight_smile:

I really like [name]Hermione[/name], not only because of the HP and mythological connection, but the name itself. It’s a pretty name :slight_smile:
I think it’s a bit difficult to wear that name. [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Jean[/name] [name]Granger[/name] is super brilliant and a good role model, yes. But that’s also made the name too tied with her intelligence. Stressful? Maybe a little.

I love [name]Hermione[/name], and as previously stated, the [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] character is actually an admirable character to be associated with, if you have to have one. It might perhaps be different if Voldemort was called [name]Hermione[/name], but of course (thankfully) he’s not. A friend of mine called [name]Hermione[/name] goes by Fizz/Fizzy - not for any immediately apparent name-related reason, but everyone (EVERYONE) calls her that, so it’s not as if she will necessarily be known as [name]Hermione[/name] all the time. Nicknames I like could be [name]Mimi[/name], [name]Io[/name] or [name]Hedy[/name], and it’s a lovely, unusual name - good luck!

I consider [name]Hermione[/name] for my own daughter’s middle name. It’s a lovely name and all the associations it brings are lovely(Shakesperian queen [name]Hermione[/name], mythological character and HP miss [name]Granger[/name]). I love the opportunity to call your baby [name]Hermione[/name] [name]Minnie[/name].
@dindlee: I am a going to be a mom soon but when I first read this name in Shakespearian play I was a teenager and thought [name]Hermione[/name] is pretty cool. After reading HP I felt in love with it even more (I was about 13) and I thought of it as a great name to wear.
It has almost no tearing opportunities plus growing up among kids named after prostitutes ([name]Delilah[/name], Biblical though) or serial killers (Decter) having the same name with a smart intelligent character is fine.

I love [name]Hermione[/name]! If anything, I think [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] made the name less of a headache for a girl, as it taught everyone how to say it correctly. The name has a life outside (and prior) to HP, too.