Hero

I’ve loved the story of [name_f]Florence[/name_f] nightingale and thought maybe i could name my daughter [name_f]Florence[/name_f] or [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u] if my future Dh insists on uncommon names.
I’ve also read of this amazing nurse named [name_f]Edith[/name_f] Cavell in ww1.

[name_f]My[/name_f] question is: would it be weird to name my children after people who are real but I’ve only read about?

No, I don’t think that’s weird at all.

1 Like

Not weird at all!

1 Like

Not weird. It’s definitely something I’d do research on though, just to make sure there isn’t something about the person that’s less known that I think is just awful.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s weird :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not at all! If I ever have daughters the will be named after strong female figures in history.

1 Like

No, if you admire the people why not.

1 Like

Edith Cavell lived and went to school near where I live, she’s definitely a local hero here and she has a few hospitals and such named after her.

I don’t think it’s weird to name your baby after someone you admire, especially if they’re a historical figure rather than a living person. Definitely do second the advice to research beforehand and make sure you’re okay with all the ins and outs of that person’s legacy.

It’s unrelated maybe, but they are both lovely names as well.

1 Like

Not weird at all, I think it’s lovely!

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s weird at all! It’s actually pretty cool.

1 Like

I don’t think so! I have [name_f]Marsha[/name_f] (as in P. [name_m]Johnson[/name_m]) as a middle name on my list because she’s someone I admire.

2 Likes

It’s not weird, I read about [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_u]Paris[/name_u] and would name my son [name_u]Paris[/name_u]. Granted he may have not been real but it’s still beautiful. If you think a name is beautiful or honorable and it means something to you then use it.

1 Like