Hey teenberries/younger berries i have a question

so I’m going to introduce myself because this is my first post but I promise there is a genuine question I have.

hey, I’m kate, and I’m a teenberry! I used to be really active on here a year or so ago but then my email and all associated accounts got hacked so I’m back. it feels good to be back somewhere I used to be on every day even though it has changed a fair bit - like where did the teenberries thread go (I understand the mod stuff and that it had to go but still).

ANYWAYS here is the query I have-
one of my favourite influencer couples has had their baby for a while now and has given him what I would call an interesting and very original name. now they have answered a few questions in videos and say that although he will be bullied for this name, they named him anyways.
full disclosure although I wouldn’t name my own child this, each to their own and it isn’t something to hate.
here’s the name: koazy - pronounced cozy

let me know what you think

• all round yeah
  • all round nah
  • not for me but for others yeah

0 voters

1 Like

honestly, I just think that the alternate spelling and odd word name combined just makes it a bit worse. although it is their child so they’re free to do what they’d like, but I feel like he’d be teased a lot :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] [name_f]Kate[/name_f]! I’m Izzi!

Koazy is a no for me. Definite potential for teasing. :sweat_smile:
X🍃

1 Like

I’ve never seen it written like this but I do know a Quazi, he’s Egyptian, I don’t know if that’s a common name there. He’s in his fifties so not from a generation that played a lot with names.

1 Like

hi kate! i’m petra!!

and like people have said, koazy is a no. i did meet a cosie (probably around 20) a few months ago. i think part of it is the spelling and whether or not it’s a nickname (which it seemed like? idk i didn’t ask). i still voted all around nah because i feel koazy is just… a weird way to spell it and the full name of the kid rather than a nickname. sorry if that made no sense

1 Like

Unpopular opinion: I low key like it, I like how it looks and the nn [name_u]Koa[/name_u] x

2 Likes

In [name_u]Claude[/name_u] McKay’s 1941 novel Amiable With Big Teeth, there’s a character called Professor Koazy (or Koazhy - can’t quite remember), pronounced Quasi. As he’s an avowed pan-African, he changed his name to seem more African. [name_f]Cosy[/name_f] is even sillier.

2 Likes

i’d always thought it is a nickname since hearing about the name - a few influencers do this to protect their kids. though if i’m honest this comment is a little concerning ! why do they seem to care so little, if they believe he will get bullied ? :fearful:

slightly unrelated 😅

he is regularly posted online also, with such a large audience i really can’t forgive influencers for having their children in the public eye so early, who knows the effect it will have on them :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

Regardless of my opinion of the name, this is just sad. I really hope there’s some additional context not shown cause just this sentence makes me feel bad for this kid, especially cause he’s gonna be in the public eye so young.

My opinion on the name~ sound wise, I can actually get the appeal it has a nice sound and some nice nn options like Koa, Z or Zizi. But since it also sound like cozy that’d be an immediate turn off, especially cause my mind immediately goes to the possible innuendos that could come from it.

2 Likes

Oh… Koazy Darlington! I love his name it’s so cute

Oh my gosh I was so upset when [name_f]Liana[/name_f] and [name_u]Connor[/name_u] named him this :grimacing: for me it is really not it, the teasing potential is infinite and the weird spelling just makes it so much worse

also hi kate im lila!

1 Like