Hilary/Hillary

She liked [name]Hilary[/name]? That’s great to know that a child thinks it’s pretty. Thanks for the info, Disa! :slight_smile:

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the info, [name]Nephele[/name]! :slight_smile: I really appreciate it!

Oat Hunky! ([name]How[/name]'s that for a thank you anagram?) :slight_smile:

Very true. I love the nn [name]Bri[/name]/[name]Brie[/name] and [name]Brittany[/name] would be one way to get but because I associate the name with Ms. Spears I can not bring myself to love the name. :frowning:

Loowee Mauryce! :slight_smile:

[quote=“nephele”]

Loowee Mauryce! :)[/quote]

Hehehe…:slight_smile:

Very true. I love the nn [name]Bri[/name]/[name]Brie[/name] and [name]Brittany[/name] would be one way to get but because I associate the name with Ms. Spears I can not bring myself to love the name. :([/quote:ftj52iv7]

What about [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Sabrina[/name], [name]Gabriella[/name], or [name]Briony[/name]? I think that [name]Brie[/name] could be a nickname for one of those.

Have a good night!

I was so happy to read your post, Shanwake! Thanks so much!:slight_smile: I think that [name]Hilary[/name] is just beautiful, and I’ve always associated it with strengh, happiness, and a great sense of humor (due to the hilarious connection). :slight_smile: Your little girl is EXACTLY what I imagine a little [name]Hilary[/name] to be like, and your description made me smile. :slight_smile:

I don’t mind the [name]Hillary[/name] [name]Clinton[/name] associations, either, and actually quite admire her strength and intellect. I met [name]Bill[/name] [name]Clinton[/name] when he was president ([name]Gore[/name], too), and that was exciting. :slight_smile: (I’m a huge political junkie, too.) :slight_smile:

I’m happy to know that you named your daughter such a cheerful, beautiful name, and that it’s received well. :slight_smile:

Have a great night! :slight_smile:

Sorry, the login feature is weird (I’m new to this board), so I can’t seem to quote :frowning:

Yeah, my girl makes just about everyone smile - the ones who can’t smile at her must have a stick up their butt or something! She makes friends everywhere she goes - well, when her energy isn’t scaring the crap out of pregnant women worrying what they are getting themselves into (we were just at a kid’s furniture store this weekend where they sell nursery and big kid bedroom furniture)! Seriously, energy from the moment she opens her eyes until the moment she hits the pillow at night.

FWIW, I was a [name]Clinton[/name] White House intern (cue [name]Monica[/name] references here) one summer. I also volunteered on [name]Joe[/name] Biden’s campaign in '96. A funny [name]Hilarie[/name] story - she can name the entire [name]Obama[/name] family and frequently has [name]Joe[/name] (Biden) over for cookies when she is pretending :wink: I did NOT do this to her, either - this was all of her own doing!

You were an intern? Wow! What a great experience that must have been! :slight_smile:

[name]Hilarie[/name] sounds absolutely darling! I love her imagination! :slight_smile: [name]Tea[/name] with [name]Joe[/name]? That’s hysterical!

You can’t quote on Nameberry? Are you clicking on the little pink “reply” icon in the bottom right of the post to which you’re responding? If you do that, the post should automatically appear in quotes. If you simply click on the big “Post a reply,” icon, quotes won’t appear. Hmm…I wonder what’s wrong. If it continues, you can always contact Nameberry, and they’ll help you.

Best wishes to you and Miss [name]Hilarie[/name]! :slight_smile:

That is what I figured I had to do - before, it kept logging me out and asking me to log in again before answering a post. weird, but NOW it is working.

Being an intern was really fabulous - and I was one of the lucky ones who got to wander the [name]West[/name] [name]Wing[/name] from time to time. Pretty amazing stuff! It was sad that it became a punchline just a few short months later - but people here in DC still know how special it really is.

We kept wondering “who is [name]Joe[/name]?” the first time she told us that he was coming over for cookies. We finally asked her and she said “[name]Joe[/name] Biden” and looked at us like “didn’t you know?” Seriously, my little Democrat in training - love her! [name]Just[/name] tonight, she started doing the “Fired Up, Ready to Go” thing completely out of the blue. It is amazing the things she remembers.

Your internship sounds fascinating. :slight_smile: I’m so glad that you’re able to quote now!

Best wishes to you and [name]Hilarie[/name]! :slight_smile:

I have only come across [name]Hilary[/name]-people with one “l”, boys and girls. But maybe the double L does make it look a bit more feminine?

You would never get a male [name]Hilary[/name] these days, even in the UK.

xxxxxx

By the same token, you won’t get a male [name]Beverly[/name] here in the States much these days, either.

– [name]Nephele[/name]

No male Beverlys here either - well, no female ones either!! - I last heard of a male [name]Beverly[/name] in the 1960s. There was a rather upper-crust columnist called [name]Beverly[/name] Nichols.

I think [name]Hilary[/name] is beautiful - it has a lovely sound and meaning. It doesn’t date, because it’s used quite sparingly though steadily in the UK - there are 70-year-olds and teens with this name.
I don’t think [name]Hillary[/name] looks more feminine, since it’s a surname. I think it looks wrong, because “hilarity”, “hilarious” have only one l.
I did know a [name]Hilarie[/name], and thought that looked lovely.

I don’t understand the general aversion to [name]Beverly[/name]. It seems to have peaked in the 1930s here in the US. With names like [name]Everly[/name] and [name]Waverly[/name] becoming more popular choices, is it the “tinge” of a certain era, where [name]Everly[/name] and [name]Waverly[/name] sound more upper-crust, ivy-league (?), maybe a bit of fantasy-worlds, like things that evoke “[name]Ever[/name]” ren faire-ish… hard to come up with a good reason those names seem more attractive, while [name]Beverly[/name], is of course the posh LA [name]Beverly[/name] Hills, or in league with [name]Yvonne[/name] and [name]Cheryl[/name] (not ready yet), or the reference to beavers? It’s right in the name.

I, for one, prefer [name]Beverly[/name], but for the -ly, though, it sounds like an adverb and -ley makes it more name-like. [name]Everly[/name] is ok, but [name]Waverly[/name], other than being my handbag, is like Waver. I wouldn’t want a name that said I am likely to waver. Maybe this should be in a different thread? Any other ideas why [name]Beverly[/name] just doesn’t appeal right now? [name]Bev[/name]'s just not that cool a nickname as [name]Hattie[/name] or [name]Penny[/name]?