His List

My boyfriend decided to humor me the other day and actually talk about names (although he doesn’t understand why if there’s nothing to name). So here’s his opinions…kind of amusing. What do you think of the names he actually likes?

I’ll list both his favorites and my favorites that he hated.

[name]Georgia[/name] - one of my absolute favorites, he hated
[name]Scarlett[/name] - he’s obviously never heard of [name]Scarlett[/name] O’[name]Hara[/name]. and he thinks it’s too harsh sounding.
[name]Iris[/name] - he apparently knew two cats named [name]Iris[/name]. and he hates cats.
[name]Anastasia[/name] - He loves this one, which it great by me!
[name]Anya[/name] - He really had nothing to say
[name]Annabelle[/name] - First he suggested it. Then he said it sounds like a cow. Then he said he liked it.
[name]Adelina[/name] - When I suggested it he said “Are you just pulling this out of your a**?”
[name]Summer[/name] - He doesn’t like seasons. (or months apparently because he didn’t like [name]April[/name] either)
[name]Ariel[/name] and [name]Belle[/name] and [name]Aurora[/name] - no appreciation for princesses
[name]Bianca[/name] - he didn’t love it but he liked it enough
[name]Brooke[/name] - He really likes this one!
[name]Cheyenne[/name] - he thinks it’s a boy’s name???
[name]Gianna[/name] - he didn’t like, but no good reason
[name]Diana[/name] - he thought was too old
[name]Miranda[/name] - he loved
[name]Magnolia[/name] - I had 4 heads for suggesting
[name]India[/name] - he hates (along with [name]Ireland[/name] which I didn’t suggest, just a pet peeve of his)
[name]Nadia[/name] - said was too much like [name]India[/name]
[name]Melody[/name] - “weird”
[name]Skye[/name] - he didn’t like
[name]Victoria[/name] - he didn’t hate it but thought it seemed too old and just reminded him of [name]Queen[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] and the Victorian ages
[name]Ashlyn[/name] - we both love
[name]Ashley[/name] - he loves
[name]Violet[/name] - he (surprisingly) liked
[name]Tess[/name] - could definitely grow on him

So [name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name], [name]Ashlyn[/name], [name]Ashley[/name], [name]Brooke[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Tess[/name] are the ones he likes? I think you have some good ones here!

It’s always funny to see how tastes merge. My husband also can’t stand [name]Georgia[/name], one of my favorites. He suggested [name]Lily[/name], and while I always liked it enough to consider it, it wasn’t a favorite, but knowing he cared for it, I’ve found lots of reasons to love it now. So you’ll work it out if the day ever comes too, I’m sure. [name]Miranda[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are particularly nice options to have : D.

Well [name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Miranda[/name] and [name]Tess[/name] are great options to have in my opinion!

I love some of his responses…too funny! :slight_smile: He seems to like 90’s names? (maybe I’m wrong) - [name]Brooke[/name], [name]Miranda[/name], [name]Ashley[/name]…I love [name]Miranda[/name] and I really like [name]Anastasia[/name] too. [name]Violet[/name] is the one he likes that seems to be different from the other ones (I like that one as well). I think out of all of them [name]Miranda[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] are my favourites.

haha yes! we’re 90’s kids…he doesn’t get how quickly trends change. but it makes me happy that he cares enough to amuse me with this!

Darn men! LOL I say that because I too [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Georgia[/name] and my DH hates it as well boo. [name]Anastasia[/name] is lovely and I also like [name]Tess[/name].

I drive my boyfriend crazy asking him about names he likes LOL. [name]Anastasia[/name], [name]Miranda[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are great. I don’t see [name]Miranda[/name] as being overtly 90’s though. My boyfriend has suggested [name]Anniston[/name] for a girl, so compared to that, I’d say you were doing pretty good.

Of the ones he likes:

[name]Annabella[/name] is a bit much for me but I love [name]Annabel[/name].

[name]Anastasia[/name] is too Russian for me, but I say that as a Russian background person though so maybe I’m too sensitive. All the ones I know go by [name]Stacy[/name]/[name]Staci[/name]/[name]Stacey[/name] and that feels dated to me.

[name]Ashlyn[/name] has a lyn on the end and lyns bug me. I like [name]Aislinn[/name] (pronounced [name]Ash[/name]-linn) though.

[name]Ashley[/name] is fine.

[name]Violet[/name] is really pretty, I like it a lot.

[name]Tess[/name] is a nickname to me. A cute nickname, but still.

[name]Brooke[/name] is a little dated, I like the more nature-esque quality of just [name]Brook[/name].

[name]Anastasia[/name] is beautiful as is [name]Violet[/name]. I can’t belive your boyfriend dosent like [name]Iris[/name]! :o

I think the cat thing ruined it LOL