hmmm, divine naming intervention?

[name]Hi[/name] Berries! So I wanted to share this little story with you. I am still looking for the perfect middle name for [name]Elizabeth[/name], and my very first combo was [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]. I kind of let it go though when a friend mentioned it was “a little too much”. I just started second guessing myself. Now I am two weeks from my due date, and I wonder if I may have had a divine nudge toward this original combo last night. I have a wonderful grandma who passed away about 2 years ago, and last night I had a dream I was sitting at her kitchen table talking to her. It has happened a few times, in my dreams I always know she is gone but we just visit for a while. Last night there was a piece of paper on the table in my dream, with the name [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]. I grabbed it and told my grandma I had considered this name for my baby, and asked her what she thought. Her whole face lit up and she responded “I absolutely love it. It’s perfect”. I woke up and felt very good about the dream, the name, everything. I mentioned it to DH and he said he had always liked that combo and we should just go with it, and he also mentioned he felt she was destined to succeed and be great with this name, which I thought was sweet because he really does not get into the naming process like I do. I didn’t realize he was still thinking of that combo, he has let me take the reigns on the middle name but he seemed excited when I brought it back up. Maybe I had it right the first time! What do you think?

I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] is absolutely beautiful. If you and your husband love it, then you should use it!

It’s a lovely name, you both still like it… Who cares what you friend thinks! Go for it!

It’s a nice name, its classic, it’s got no negative connotations, it’s not the sort of old-fashioned that will make people go “wait, what?” and you and your husband and your family all love it.

[name]Do[/name] it, OP.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] - two very classic names. I’m not as into [name]Victoria[/name] as am into [name]Elizabeth[/name] but it’s not embarrassing or unfortunate in any way. And I adore [name]Elizabeth[/name].

It sounds like you have your perfect name! Plus if you are worried about both names being long or classic, rarely is someone’s name said together. And I happen to think this one flows very nicely.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] is lovely! It sounds like the name was meant to be. Your friend may not like it, but your hubby and you do, and it also has a great story. What else matters?

My sentiments exactly! : )

[name]Love[/name] it! So many nn potentials for when she gets to that age they All get to when they want to be called Anything other than what we call them!

I think it’s a perfectly elegant/classic name. Not over-the-top in the least. Friends have all Kinds of opinions. But, I know they can make you wishy-washy, just like family can. That’s why I haven’t announced names to anyone (other than my sister and anonymous internet people), until we were 100% about them. If I was just Considering a name, friends and family would drive me crazy, not meaning to. :slight_smile:

Not to mention that it’s a name both of you have that kind of positive connection to! That’s very rare in the naming-game! Embrace it, there are lot’s of Momma’s (and possibly Daddy’s) on here that would Love for their significant other to feel the same about a name!

Oh my god, pick it! Great story and you know what, who knows, maybe your grandma really likes the combo and told you in your dream (we never know…). Also you and your husband love it, so go for it!

[name]DO[/name] IT!!! It was either your grandma or your subconscious - either way sounds like the way to go especially bc you and your husband both love it

[name]Lovely[/name]! You seem to love it, and your husband does too- Plus, since it’s a first-middle combo, people won’t necessarily ever hear her name as [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] Lastname. Choosing the middle name is sort of like your secret present, and you can do whatever you want with it, since it isn’t as up-front as the first name.

NMS, but the point is, it’s the name YOU love - so go with it

It’s a beautiful name, not over the top at all so I don’t know what your friend meant when she said it was “too much”. I think it’s a beautiful name, classic, lovely, not bad connotations. The story is lovely and I deeply believe in spirits and think your grandma was whole heartedly giving her thumbs up for the name. I’d say go for it. Your daughter would be lucky to have such a beautiful name.

Beautiful name! And, your daughter is going to [name]LOVE[/name] having such a great story behind her name! Very special!

It’s beautiful, and the dream you had makes it even more lovely. What a wonderful story to share with your little [name]Elizabeth[/name] one day.

This is just the loveliest story! And one day you will be able to share it with your daughter. You have to choose it; it’s a wonderful choice.

Yes, def do it! It’s a beautiful name and you both like it, plus now you have a great story!

With a dream like that, how could you choose another name? Very direct guidance…

I am glad to see [name]Victoria[/name] back on the table.
[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] is a very classic strong name.
I hope I am remembering correctly, but didn’t you originally like it as you could nn her [name]Evie[/name]? (initials E V) I [name]LOVE[/name] this!!!

It’s lovely so I advise you to name your baby [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Victoria[/name].