Holiday Names

Hey everyone! Since it’s [name_u]December[/name_u], I thought it might be fun to make some holiday-inspired combos. I’ll share mine and please reply with any of yours. (: Would you use a [name_f]Holiday[/name_f]-inspired name for a [name_u]December[/name_u] baby?

BOYS:

[name_m]Klaus[/name_m] [name_u]Evergreen[/name_u]

Summary

[name_m]Klaus[/name_m] for [name_f]Santa[/name_f] [name_m]Claus[/name_m], [name_u]Evergreen[/name_u] for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] trees

[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_u]Snow[/name_u]

Summary

[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] was the name of one of the wizards who visited baby [name_m]Jesus[/name_m]. [name_u]Snow[/name_u] is obvious!

[name_m]Clement[/name_m] [name_u]North[/name_u]

Summary

[name_m]Clement[/name_m] is a bit of a stretch, but it’s the name of the author of ‘‘A visit from St. [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]’’, the poem that begins with ‘‘Twas the night before [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]’’. I believe he was the one who gave [name_f]Santa[/name_f]'s reindeer their names, but I could be wrong. [name_u]North[/name_u] is for the [name_u]North[/name_u] Pole!

[name_m]Odin[/name_m] [name_u]Cypress[/name_u]

Summary

Two reasons behind [name_m]Odin[/name_m]! 1) He was potentially a major figure celebrated in Yuletide 2) Modern [name_f]Santa[/name_f] [name_m]Claus[/name_m] was based off one of his myths. [name_u]Cypress[/name_u] is for the trees, that are often used as [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] trees

[name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_u]Pine[/name_u]

Summary

[name_m]Judah[/name_m] after the story of Hanukkah, [name_u]Pine[/name_u] for pine trees!

[name_m]Rudolf[/name_m] [name_m]Cain[/name_m]

Summary

[name_m]Rudolf[/name_m] for the reindeer, [name_m]Cain[/name_m] for candy canes

[name_u]Noel[/name_u] [name_u]Drummer[/name_u]

Summary

[name_u]Noel[/name_u] means [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], and I picked [name_u]Drummer[/name_u] for the little drummer boy!

[name_m]Eben[/name_m] [name_f]Carol[/name_f]

Summary

[name_m]Eben[/name_m] after [name_m]Ebenezer[/name_m] Scrouge and [name_f]Carol[/name_f] for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] carols

[name_u]Yuki[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]

Summary

[name_u]Yuki[/name_u] means snow, and [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is obvious

GIRLS

[name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]

Summary

[name_u]Christmas[/name_u] carols and [name_u]Frost[/name_u] because… winter is cold?

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]December[/name_u]

Summary

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is after the girl from the Nutcracker

[name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rejoice[/name_f]

Summary

[name_u]Christmas[/name_u] eve! [name_f]Rejoice[/name_f] is a word I see used a lot in religious settings regarding [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f]

Summary

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] for [name_m]Joseph[/name_m], father of [name_m]Jesus[/name_m]

[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f]

Summary

[name_f]Mary[/name_f] for [name_m]Jesus[/name_m]’ mother, and also the word [name_f]Merry[/name_f]! [name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f] because it has snow in it. Not my best one but it’s a pretty combo.

[name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]

Summary

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] isn’t exactly a holiday/wintery name, but it sounds very winter-like to me and it has the word angel in it, which is quite Christmassy

[name_f]Lumi[/name_f] Sugarplum

Summary

[name_f]Lumi[/name_f] means snow, Sugarplum after the Dance of the [name_f]Sugar[/name_f] [name_f]Plum[/name_f] [name_f]Fairy[/name_f] in The Nutcracker

[name_f]Eira[/name_f] Mistletoe

Summary

Okay, Mistletoe is my weirdest middle, but I had to use it. [name_f]Eira[/name_f] means snow

[name_u]Yule[/name_u] [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f]

Summary

[name_u]Yule[/name_u] for Yuletide. [name_f]Sunniva[/name_f] means gift of the sun. I interpreted this as holiday-inspired in two ways. One, gifts are a common theme amongst most major [name_u]December[/name_u] holidays. Secondly, in a traditional Yuletide celebration you’re supposed to stay up until the sun rises

Bonus: Names I didn’t get to use:
[name_f]Yulia[/name_f], [name_f]Joy[/name_f], [name_u]Bell[/name_u], [name_u]Conifer[/name_u], Jolly, [name_u]Love[/name_u], [name_f]Ginger[/name_f] (for gingerbread), [name_u]Garland[/name_u], [name_u]Holly[/name_u], [name_f]Star[/name_f], Tinsel, [name_u]Noble[/name_u] (for noble fir trees), [name_f]Milagros[/name_f] (for the meaning of miracles), [name_m]Jack[/name_m] for [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_u]Frost[/name_u]

9 Likes

These are great! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_m]Klaus[/name_m] [name_u]Evergreen[/name_u], [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_u]Snow[/name_u], [name_m]Judah[/name_m] [name_u]Pine[/name_u], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] [name_u]Frost[/name_u], [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]December[/name_u], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rejoice[/name_f], and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f]!

I don’t know if I’d use a [name_f]Holiday[/name_f]-inspired combo for a [name_u]December[/name_u] baby, but I do think I would put a subtle nod to the holidays in there- I think I’d be more inspired to choose a name relating to light or peace for a [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] baby.

2 Likes

Oo I love all of these! Especially [name_m]Klaus[/name_m] [name_u]Evergreen[/name_u], [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_u]Snow[/name_u], [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]December[/name_u], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rejoice[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Snowdrop[/name_f], [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] Sugarplum!

For my own winter combos I’m loving [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] Poinsettia and [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] :grin: I don’t know if i’d actually use one for a [name_u]December[/name_u] baby, but they are fun to come up with.

2 Likes

@EagleEyes Thank you! And yeah I agree, even though I love the holidays I’d probably be a bit more subtle

@sgsg8 [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is so pretty!! Fun fact about [name_f]Marielle[/name_f] Poinsettia, it’s almost extra wintery because it’s close to [name_f]Maurelle[/name_f] Poinsettia and [name_f]Maurelle[/name_f] means elf-like!

3 Likes

Thank you! (:

1 Like

Those are amazing! I don’t really do themed names, but [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Noel[/name_u] ended up being quite unintentionally [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]-y.

2 Likes

[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Noel[/name_u] is gorgeous! :heart:

2 Likes

I am expecting twins due in a couple of weeks (G/B) and we are thinking of having [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] for the middle name for the girl! Its between [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Maren[/name_f] but I feel [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is more festive (:

3 Likes

Both are gorgeous! I do think [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] is quite sweet for a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] baby though. Good luck with it all!

2 Likes

Love [name_m]Klaus[/name_m] [name_u]Evergreen[/name_u], [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]December[/name_u], [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rejoice[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f] (:heart_eyes:)

3 Likes

Thank you [name_u]Laurie[/name_u]! <3

1 Like

I love [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Rejoice[/name_f], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Holiday[/name_f], [name_u]Winter[/name_u] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_u]Noel[/name_u] [name_u]Drummer[/name_u]! Another holiday name is [name_f]Neve[/name_f], which means snow. There’s also [name_f]Khione[/name_f] (means snow) and [name_f]Merry[/name_f].

2 Likes

Thanks! [name_m]Can[/name_m]'t believe I missed [name_f]Neve[/name_f]

2 Likes

Your combos are fantastic! I really love [name_m]Klaus[/name_m] [name_u]Evergreen[/name_u]! I would totally use one for a [name_u]December[/name_u] baby.

Mine are:

• [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] [name_f]Celestine[/name_f]

Summary

Meaning “heavenly snow!”

Matteo [name_u]Frost[/name_u]

Summary

Matteo means “gift from God!”

Gwendolen [name_f]Eira[/name_f]

Summary

“White snow”

Rudy [name_m]Eldan[/name_m]

Summary

Rudy for [name_m]Rudolph[/name_m], and [name_m]Eldan[/name_m] meaning “[name_u]Christmas[/name_u] elf!”

Gloria [name_u]Holly[/name_u]

Summary

Gloria because [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] is celebrating the glory of God, and holly for the plant!

Hallie Poinsettia

Summary

Hallie meaning “praise the [name_m]Lord[/name_m]”, and Poinsettia because of the beautiful [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] flowers! ([name_f]Praise[/name_f] the [name_m]Lord[/name_m] with poinsettias lol)

Clara [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]

Summary

Clara for the ballet, and [name_f]Estelle[/name_f] for the [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] star!

Audra Noëlle

Summary

Admittedly, [name_f]Audra[/name_f] isn’t related to [name_u]Christmas[/name_u], but I love this combo!

Joseph [name_u]Wren[/name_u]

Summary

Joseph for the husband of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and father of [name_m]Jesus[/name_m], and [name_u]Wren[/name_u] for the adorable winter wrens!

Elfrieda [name_u]Snow[/name_u]

Summary

Elfrieda means “elf power!”

1 Like

Ooh how fun! I love [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f] [name_f]Eira[/name_f] and especially [name_u]Rudy[/name_u] [name_m]Eldan[/name_m]

1 Like

I love [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] themed names!

I love [name_m]Odin[/name_m] [name_u]Cypress[/name_u] (I had no idea about his connection to [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]), [name_m]Rudolf[/name_m] [name_m]Cain[/name_m], [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_u]December[/name_u], and [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_u]Snow[/name_u]!

Here are a few combos off my xmas list:

Melchior [name_u]Frost[/name_u]

• Melchior was one of the names of the three wise men

Shepherd [name_m]Cole[/name_m]

• Shepherd bc the shepherds were the first ones to hear of [name_m]Jesus[/name_m]’ birth, and [name_m]Cole[/name_m] for obvious reasons

Drummer Rayes

• Drummer from the song The [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_u]Drummer[/name_u] Boy and Rayes bc it means king ([name_m]Jesus[/name_m] being the king of kings)

Cypress [name_u]Pax[/name_u]

• Cypress is a type of tree that grows in the winter. [name_u]Pax[/name_u] means peaceful which winter is a time of peace and it is a big deal in the Bible

Pine [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]

• Pine is obvious. [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] was the angel that delivered the news of [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] to [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]

Crispin Dasher

• Crispin just makes me think of winter, plus crisp is a key word for cooler weather. Dasher is the name of one of [name_f]Santa[/name_f]’s reindeer

Lumi [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]

• Lumi means snow, [name_f]Bianca[/name_f] means white

Alaska [name_u]Seren[/name_u]

• Alaska is obvious, [name_u]Seren[/name_u] means shooting star

Demetria [name_f]Aster[/name_f] “[name_f]Demi[/name_f]”

• Demetria was said to be the Greek [name_f]Goddess[/name_f] that caused winter, [name_f]Aster[/name_f] means star

Ember [name_f]Icelyn[/name_f]

• I feel like this name is pretty self explanatory

Eira [name_f]Turquoise[/name_f]

• Eira means snow, turquoise is the birthstone of [name_u]December[/name_u]
3 Likes

Yeah, I think the [name_m]Odin[/name_m] story is something like… He flew in the sky with his magical horse and gave presents/sweets to children who left out their boots with carrots in them to feed [name_m]Odin[/name_m]'s horse. He may or may not have had elves too, not sure lol I need to read up on it again.

[name_m]Melchior[/name_m] [name_u]Frost[/name_u] is so insanely cool! I actually really like [name_m]Melchior[/name_m], i think it has a very unique sound.
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_m]Cole[/name_m] and [name_m]Crispin[/name_m] Dasher are also stunning. And [name_f]Turquoise[/name_f] is so creative as a [name_u]December[/name_u] name, love it.

1 Like

Ivy [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Lumi[/name_f] [name_f]Bianca[/name_f]! I thought of [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_u]Pax[/name_u] and [name_f]Olwen[/name_f] [name_f]Neve[/name_f] :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

whoa, your names are as amazing as christmas!

top picks i absolutely am loving: klaus evergreen, caspar snow, eira mistletoe !!!

i don’t think i can top yours, but these are dancing in my head to the sound of christmas carols:
noel yul
yul nicholas
joshua gabriel
rudy frost
jack snow
shepherd emmanuel
claus nathaniel
nathan jesus

angel snow :smiley:
neve marie
noelle maren
natalia hallelujah