Hollis *middlename???*

I’m 35 weeks and we have yet to agree on names for our son. We both like [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] as of right now, but had said this whole time that we want to honor grandpas with the middle names of [name_m]William[/name_m], [name_m]Liam[/name_m], or [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. None of those seem to fit with [name_u]Hollis[/name_u].

We have big brother [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]. Any suggestions on any of our wanted middles or new ones that sound good? Does a shorter middle name sound better?

Thanks!!!

[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] sounds great!

I agree that none of them fit really well, however I also love the idea of honoring a grandparent. [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] seems to fit best, but if you really don’t like it you might want to think of the middle names of the grandpas or even surnames from one side of the family or the other.

[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m] actually seems to work nicely for me. Perhaps look at other/international variantions of [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m]?

for example:

[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Charleston[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Willem[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Leon[/name_m] (sounds similar to [name_m]Liam[/name_m] but isn’t a variant)
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_u]Leland[/name_u] (same [name_u]Lee[/name_u] sound as [name_m]Liam[/name_m])
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Carlo[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Cillian[/name_m] (kind of takes letters from both [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_m]William[/name_m] but is a real name idea)

It is hard to fit [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m] with [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]. My only thought is what about [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] or [name_m]Charles[/name_m] [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] and then call him by his mn?

Agreed about trying to find some international variants of those names.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] Charlemagne
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Charlot[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] Sjarel
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Guilherme[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Guillaume[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] Gwilim/Gwillym/[name_m]Gwilym[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] Wilkin
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] Wilmot
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] Viljem
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] Teàrlach
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Xarles[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_u]Karel[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] Séarlas
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Wilkinson[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Wiley[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Wilkes[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Wilmar[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Williamson[/name_m]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Pim[/name_m]

I agree with others that both [name_m]William[/name_m] and [name_m]Liam[/name_m] sound fine with [name_u]Hollis[/name_u]. If you’re unconvinced, What about [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]Will[/name_m]?

I like [name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]. Am I missing an association that makes this name not ideal?