Hollis Ruthia

What are your thoughts and opinions on this name? It’s taken us forever to figure out a name we both can agree on, but we would like to hear what the public would have to say, because we’re curious.

[name]Hollis[/name] [name]Ruthia[/name]:

• Like [name]Holly[/name], but with an extra oomph.
  • Nn would be [name]Holly[/name], of course.
  • [name]Ruthia[/name] is from my grandmother’s name, [name]Ruth[/name].
  • And the main reason I absolutely adore this name is because I can call her [name]Holly[/name]-Ru.(:

So, ladies (or men), tell me what you think!

• Thanks.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Hollis[/name]. [name]Ruthia[/name] doesn’t fit. It sounds like you’re trying too hard to be original with it. Why not just [name]Hollis[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]? That sounds very classy, and [name]Holly[/name]-Ru is a very cute nickname.

I can imagine a [name]Holly[/name] Ru or a [name]Holly[/name] [name]Rue[/name]… but [name]Hollis[/name] seems very masculine to me. Not butch, just masculine.

I like it. It’s unexpected. Either [name]Holly[/name] [name]Ruth[/name], [name]Hollis[/name] [name]Ruthia[/name], or [name]Hollis[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] would work for me.

I’ve only known men with the first name [name]Hollis[/name], so I also hear masculine, although I think it could work on a girl I’d still assume it was a boy looking at [name]Hollis[/name] Lastname on paper. I like [name]Ruthia[/name] a lot actually.

I am not a fan of [name]Hollis[/name], its very masculine to me. I think [name]Holly[/name] [name]Ruthia[/name] would be prettier.

I don’t like either name

Well… I love the name [name]Holly[/name], although some find it cutesy and dated, and will find Holis more modern.

[name]Hollis[/name] sounds a bit masculine to me - but won’t matter so much if you are just going to call her [name]Holly[/name].
And this is just me - but “[name]Hollis[/name]” is a neighborhood in New [name]York[/name] City, and my father lived there growing up, so when I hear '[name]Hollis[/name]" I just kind of think of that… but most people won’t.

I’m not crazy about the combination [name]Hollis[/name] [name]Ruthia[/name]. I think [name]Hollis[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] would be better, or just [name]Holly[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]. But whatever you choose, you can call her [name]Holly[/name]-Ru (cute for a little girl anyway, maybe not when she’s older).

sorry, don’t like either name

I actually love it.

This. I love [name]Hollis[/name], but it’s definitely a boy name for me. I do love [name]Holly[/name] and another alternative is Hollyn. And the [name]Ruthia[/name] is very odd looking. I think you should stick to [name]Ruth[/name]. Hollyn [name]Ruth[/name] would be my ultimate suggestion.

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Hollis[/name] for a girl! This name is at the top of our list if we ever have another baby, for either a girl or a boy. A definite unisex name, but to me that is not a drawback.

[name]Ruthia[/name] i don’t love as much. I adore the meaning and significance behind her, but it think the more streamlined [name]Hollis[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] is much more appealing and feminine. Also love the suggestion of [name]Hollis[/name] [name]Rue[/name] or [name]Hollis[/name] [name]Roux[/name] - what about [name]Hollis[/name] [name]Ruthie[/name] or [name]Hollis[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]? Oooh, [name]Hollis[/name] Ruby is surely a stunner - you still get to nn her [name]Holly[/name] Ru, you still get to honor [name]Ruth[/name] with a similar name, but it is decidedly feminine.

All the best
xo [name]Viv[/name]

I’m an 80s baby so my first thought was “It’s [name]Christmas[/name] time in [name]Hollis[/name], Queens…” and I don’t know the rest of the song.
I’m not necessarily a RunDMC fan and never been near New [name]York[/name] but I think of the neighborhood too

Actually, just recalled that I’ve been seeing [name]Holland[/name] mentioned a lot lately, as a girls/unisex name, and you can still get [name]Holly[/name] as a nn. [name]Just[/name] a thought.

I only know one [name]Hollis[/name] and she’s a girl! I always loved her name. I like [name]Hollis[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] best. Or [name]Ruthann[/name]? But not [name]Ruthia[/name].

[name]Even[/name] if it isn’t exactly my style, I think [name]Hollis[/name] works. I know a girl named [name]Ellis[/name] and another named Hollins, so [name]Hollis[/name] seems like another perfectly fine gender-neutral option. I don’t like [name]Ruthia[/name], though. [name]How[/name] about [name]Ruth[/name] or another name ending in -a or -ia?

I love the sound of [name]Hollis[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]! Not a huge fan of [name]Hollis[/name], but if you call her [name]Holly[/name] then I love it :slight_smile: