Honest opinion on Maeve?

Hi, everyone! What do you think about [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]? Please, tell me why you do or don’t like it.
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you have any IRL experience with this name?

2 Likes

I never met a [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]! I love the name so much it’s very dainty and darling! I prefer much over [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] (despite the name for some reason)!

1 Like

Love it! So sleek & fun. The only “real world experience” (probably can’t even call it that) is there was a little girl on Supernanny named [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] like 10 years ago.

1 Like

I loove [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]!!
I’ve never heard of someone with that name in real life, but it was one of the names for a character in a tv show I really like.

1 Like

I like it because it’s a mix between [name_f]May[/name_f] and [name_f]Eve[/name_f] which are both really elegant names too. I think it sounds slightly better as a middle name spot but overall it’s a lovely name. I think it’s also rising quite fast in popularity.

2 Likes

I love a soft sounding one syllable name! I don’t have any real life experience of this name. It’s in a category with [name_f]Mable[/name_f] in my mind. (I do know a 4 yr old [name_f]Mable[/name_f] who is a lovely child so I’ve become very fond of that name, so it’s a good association.) It also reminds me of Maevery/Mavery which I like a lot.

1 Like

I adore [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], it’s a longtime favourite of mine. I love that it has lots of history, that it’s short and spunky but also kind of magical, and I love how it sounds. I’ve never met a [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], but I did hear someone mention their (preschool) daughter’s name was [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] the other day, and it made me so happy. It’s currently my frontrunner for a future girl. It’s recently entered the top 100 where I live but I don’t really care!

2 Likes

I like it, but I’m not as in love with it as many Berries are. It’s simple, sleek, warm and has a great meaning, but it doesn’t wow me. It also doesn’t feel as fresh to me (a [name_u]Brit[/name_u]) as I think it does in the US; I’ve known quite a few Maeves – all lovely, all Irish, mostly in their 40s and 50s now – so it feels like a cosy, familiar type of name to me.

1 Like

It’s not something I would use myself but a very nice name nonetheless.

1 Like

Maeve is stunning. [name_u]Bright[/name_u], strong and lovely

1 Like

I’ve never met a [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] but I love it. It’s simple yet mighty.

1 Like

I love it. I know a newborn and a toddler named [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

1 Like

I like it well enough, I’ve never met one. The name [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] appeals to me more for some reason than [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] does on its own.

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]! I have never met a [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] either!

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]! It’s the longest standing name on my girls’ list. I first heard it when I was 13 and it struck me from the moment I first heard it. I think it’s sweet but the shortness of the name makes it feel spunky as well. The only time I’ve heard it in real life was on a girl who was on my youngest sister’s soccer team (she was 5 or 6 at the time, would be 13 or 14 now). I’ve never heard it since.

1 Like

LOVE IT. I have actually never met a [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. I have met a [name_f]Maeva[/name_f] though which I thought was interesting!

1 Like

I’ve always been a fan of this one. It’s classic but also spunky :slight_smile:

1 Like

I LOVE [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]! It’s my daughter’s name, so I’m biased, but I think it’s a gorgeous name. Husband & I don’t regret using [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] at all!!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], it feels very complete and elegant to me but not at all stuck-up or frilly! I know one [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] and she’s really kind and studious.

2 Likes

I think it’s alright. I’ve never met a [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

1 Like