Honest Opinion on Roman

My husband and I are really struggling with a boy’s name for our baby. His last name is extremely Italian but we don’t want to give him a strong ethnic name.

What do you think of [name]Roman[/name] [name]Pilot[/name] Graciano?

My husband’s concern is that it’s like naming your child [name]Dublin[/name] O’[name]Connor[/name]. He loves the name [name]Roman[/name] but worries about that fact that it’s a reference to the capitol city of [name]Italy[/name].

We really want to hear what you think when you hear the name.

THANK YOU!!!

I like the name [name]Roman[/name] and it’s not a place name unless you call him [name]Rome[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]How[/name] did you decide on [name]Pilot[/name]? I like it.

[name]Love[/name] the name [name]Roman[/name]! Never thought of it as a place name…there is also [name]Rowan[/name] which sounds good with [name]Pilot[/name]

Thanks for the responses, very helpful!

My father was actually a pilot, so that’s where the name comes from!

I think that [name]Roman[/name] is a very handsome name, but [name]Roman[/name] [name]Pilot[/name] makes me think of a pilot who is [name]Roman[/name]. (It’s like Italian [name]Pilot[/name], American [name]Pilot[/name], or French [name]Pilot[/name] to me…)

Good luck!

Yeah, [name]Roman[/name] [name]Pilot[/name] is throwing me off. But I like [name]Roman[/name] with your last name. Maybe another flying name or a bird name could honor your dad:
[name]Roman[/name] [name]Blue[/name] (sky name)
[name]Roman[/name] [name]Arnold[/name], but I’m not sure I like this combo. [name]Arnold[/name] means “eagle”.
Also thought of [name]Roman[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]. The archangel [name]Gabriel[/name] has wings, so of course he can fly.
[name]Roman[/name] [name]Michael[/name] - [name]Michael[/name] is another archangel.
[name]Roman[/name] [name]Raphael[/name] - [name]Raphael[/name] is another archangel.

I know two Romans, and I must admit when I first heard the name, it caught me off guard. Now, however, I’ve really warmed up and think it is an awesome name. I do like the name [name]Roman[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name], it has a good ring to it. Very regal.

Good luck!

We also have a very Italian last name. We have greatly struggled with a name for a second son. We finally decided on [name]Roman[/name]. I think it is a great name. Very strong and hard to make fun of lol. Overall I think it is a great name and it must go with Italian last names if we are both picking it.
Good [name]Luck[/name]!

I think [name]Roman[/name] is handsome, although a little militant sounding for my own taste.
In case you are open to other similar-sounding names, both [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Ronan[/name] are great names too!

I don’t mind the mn [name]Pilot[/name] but I agree that with [name]Roman[/name] is throws me off.

Good luck to you!

That was my thought too. I like [name]Roman[/name] and I think [name]Pilot[/name] is kind of cool but I don’t think they really work together. I think [name]Roman[/name] Graciano sounds fine though.

I don’t like it.

But not b/c it makes me think of [name]Rome[/name].