Honest opinion please?

Could you please let me know what you think about name Tychon for a boy?

It could also be spelled as Tykhon or Tikhon.

What version do you like better?

Please let me know if it sounds:

Good or Bad
Modern or Old Fashioned
Strong or Weak
Weird or Normal

Thank you very much!!!

I’m not a big fan. It reminds me of the daikon radish and it seems made up.
So, in answer to your questions, I don’t love how it sounds and think it sounds weird. It also sounds modern to me and, on the positive side, sounds week.
I also think with the original spelling, the name will be mispronounced a lot, especially around the “ch” sound.

All that being said, I favor very classic, traditional names, so the fact that I’m not a big fan should be taken in that context.

I’m sorry, I don’t like it at all. I don’t like the sound or the spelling. It feels made up to me. I would like [name]Tyson[/name] better. Like Trainoke said, I too tend to like traditional names. Good luck!

I think its ok. I [name]DON[/name]'T tend to favour traditional names but it does take a while for a name to grow on me.

I prefer the Tychon spelling - I see it as a modern and strong name.

It looks made up to me as well. I don’t like it.

Good or Bad? Bad, sorry! It just sounds a bit strange.
Modern or Old Fashioned? Modern
Strong or Weak? Strong
Weird or Normal? Weird

Bad
Modern
Weak
Weird

I’m sorry and I don’t want to sound harsh, but you asked for honesty. I thought it was made up at the last minute when I read it.

:slight_smile: Thanks everyone! This name is a version of Tycho. See below. We are a bilingual family and are looking for a name that sounds fine in both languages. So every opinion (even negative) is very appreciated :slight_smile:

TYCHO

USAGE: Ancient Greek (Latinized)

OTHER SCRIPTS: Τυχων (Ancient Greek)

PRONOUNCED: TIE-ko (English) [key]

Meaning & [name]History[/name]

From the Greek name Τυχων (Tychon) meaning “hitting the mark”. This was the name of a Greek saint. It was also borne by the Danish astronomer Tycho Brahe (1546-1601).

VARIANT: Tychon