Honest opinions about MN Henrik

DH loves the name [name]Henrik[/name], to be used as a middle name. I don’t hate it, but I don’t love it- especially if we use an unusual first name.

Here are our top boy names, to give you an idea of what it could be paired with:

[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Maddox[/name]

I do think [name]Henrik[/name] is a cool name in and of itself, but I feel like we should use a more straight forward middle name since the names we like aren’t all that common.

Thoughts? Opinions? Please be honest. Thanks!

[name]Love[/name] it. I understand it is a Dutch name and I know a [name]Henrik[/name] who is called [name]Hank[/name].

I don’t think it’s that odd. [name]Nor[/name] are your first name choices, for that matter.

I think it goes best with [name]Dashiell[/name] - something about the endings of [name]Kieran[/name] and [name]Quinlan[/name] doesn’t sit as well with it.

Thanks for the input ladies!
[name]Dashiell[/name] is actually our frontrunner, so I’m glad you thought it sounded best with [name]Henrik[/name].

You’re right, the names we like aren’t that unusual, but I think to the average person [that doesn’t research name trends] they probably will be lol. My son’s name is [name]Kai[/name], which is pretty common, but most people had never heard his name, or think its very unusual. So I figure I should be prepared if we use a name even less common than [name]Kai[/name] lol

i love [name]Henrik[/name]. it is a dutch name as well. i prefer for middle name because i dont like the nn henry or henk which henrik would likely receive

I love [name]Henrik[/name]. That the name of one of the best Vancover Canucks he is also playing in the games. he a Swedish. It is a great name

I really like it. [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Henrik[/name] is handsome.

Thank you for the feedback everyone!

Would 2 middle names, Henrick [name]Harrison[/name] be absolutely silly together with [name]Dashiell[/name]?
I feel like if I agree to Henrick, DH would let me use [name]Harrison[/name] in honor of my father. But I think the 2 together, both with H, are a bit much, right?

I think in [name]Henrik[/name] you have honoured your father because I presume that [name]Henrik[/name] is the Dutch form of [name]Henry[/name]. The most common nn for [name]Henry[/name] is [name]Harry[/name] therefore your father is definitely in the mix.

[name]Henrik[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] sounds wrong.

Leave it at [name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Henrik[/name].

I agree that [name]Henrik[/name] [name]Harrison[/name] is just no good…I’m just pulling at straws lol
And it’s actually a total coincidence that the name my husband likes happens to be a variant of [name]Harry[/name]…It didn’t even occur to me until I looked it up. I just feel like [name]Henrik[/name] isn’t “obvious” like [name]Harrison[/name] is… At least with [name]Harrison[/name], it means “[name]Harry[/name]'s son” which I think is wonderful.
My other option to honor my father (which I think you’ve read about in my other thread) is using a second name starting with J to make my father’s initals. That’s likely the route we will take if my husband continues to refuse [name]Harrison[/name].

[name]Dashiell[/name] [name]Henrik[/name] [name]Jacob[/name] is my suggestion.

Thank you for all the replies! I think I’ve convinced DH to use [name]Harrison[/name]! [name]Henrik[/name] was just a name to him, whereas [name]Harrison[/name] actually means something. I’ll keep you posted :slight_smile:

Whoo Hoo!! All the best! [name]Harrison[/name] is a great name.