Honest opinions of Lily vs Willa

Which would you pick? Is [name_f]Lily[/name_f] too common? Is [name_f]Willa[/name_f] too close to willow?

I’d pick [name_f]Lily[/name_f]! I do think [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is too close to the much more popular [name_u]Willow[/name_u], which is why I wouldn’t consider it, but it’s still a pretty, spirited name that reminds me of windchimes. If it were between [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_u]Willow[/name_u], I’d have a much harder time deciding.

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] is my favourite! [name_u]Bright[/name_u], literary and sweet. I mean, it is similar to [name_u]Willow[/name_u] in that it has the same first four letters, but I don’t consider them too similar. [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is nice too but it is too popular for my tastes

I prefer [name_f]Willa[/name_f]! [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is really sweet, and the popularity doesn’t bother me, it’s just not a personal favorite. [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is sweet, energetic, and cool.

I would pick [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. I think both names are fine, I’m just not a fan of [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. I do think it’s a bit close to [name_u]Willow[/name_u] but don’t see that as an issue.

I like both but I prefer [name_f]Willa[/name_f] because it’s spunkier and stronger (yet elegant). [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is a bit too gentle for me but I still have a soft spot for her. [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is definitely overused so that’s another reason to pick [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. I don’t see the [name_u]Willow[/name_u] thing as too much of an issue.

Biased person here, but I vastly prefer [name_f]Lily[/name_f]! I do like [name_f]Willa[/name_f] more than [name_u]Willow[/name_u] but have never been particularly fond of either.

I’d pick [name_f]Willa[/name_f]! It’s more unique and I’m kind of over hearing of so many young Lily’s lol

I prefer [name_f]Willa[/name_f]

I love Willa! I think it’s established enough that it’s not too similar to Willow. Willa is so sweet and has such a delicate, vintage charm.

I think both are gorgeous! I’m a bit biased because my baby daughter is [name_f]Willa[/name_f] :slight_smile: [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is definitely more common, but it’s also classic and I don’t think it will ever sound dated or time-stamped. [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is getting a bit trendy, I think :grimacing:
And yes, I do have to explain to people that it’s [name_f]Willa[/name_f], not [name_u]Willow[/name_u], frequently and sometimes they don’t get it even after I explain. But obviously we love it.

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] is not too close to [name_u]Willow[/name_u], both stick out and hold their own as separate names. Yes, unfortunately I think [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is so common its tiresome

I don’t think [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is as common as it was a few years ago, and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] is definitely on an upstreak. However, I would choose [name_f]Willa[/name_f] as overall, [name_f]Lily[/name_f] is a much more common name and I know a lot in my own age group. I love the vintage charm of [name_f]Willa[/name_f].

I would pick [name_f]Lily[/name_f] but I also like [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. I’m not bothered by Lily’s popularity and I don’t think it’s a problem that [name_f]Willa[/name_f] sounds a bit like willow.

I like both [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f]!

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] sounds similar to [name_u]Willow[/name_u], but I don’t think it’s an issue. I think it’s a beautiful name.

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] feels somewhat common, but not overly popular. I only know maybe 3 people named [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

If I had to choose I like [name_f]Willa[/name_f] slightly more than [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Willa[/name_f]!