Honest opinions on Ivy

It’s a really nice name, but it’s not my style :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t care for [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. I like it in theory, but all I can think of is poison ivy and IVs.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. I’m surprised it’s not used more. I also love iris.

1 Like

Well… I may be kind of biased as an [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], but it’s an alright name. It’s not my style exactly.
I heard a lot of Poison [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and I.V. references, though.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! The poison ivy connection only makes the name BETTER in my opinion. (And I say this as someone whose names rhymes with smelly and belly and … all the things, basically.) I don’t think the IV connection is necessarily a bad one, especially since pretty much everyone says it with a different emphasis (i-VEE vs. I-vee). Plus, it’s just so delightful and charming and almost British.

I always think of The [name_u]Story[/name_u] of [name_u]Holly[/name_u] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], too! One of my favorite [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] memories is reading that book with my mom. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister named her daughter [name_u]Holly[/name_u] (after [name_u]Holly[/name_u] Golightly, not the doll in the book, though that’s what I remember), and I can see using it myself if I ever give her a much-younger cousin.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]! I’m all for short & sweet, and I love that [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is an actual full name, not a nickname that can also stand alone. [name_u]Love[/name_u] the nature vibe without being too sweet or flowery.

2 Likes

I really like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like it! Poison ivy keeps me from loving it, but it’s been on my list before.

1 Like

It’s a really pretty name!
It does have the association of [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] League schools and hospital IVs though.

1 Like