Honest Opinions on Taryn.

I love [name_f]Taryn[/name_f] as a boy’s name. I’m sort of dead-set on the spelling as well because I got the name from a male friend of mine who wore it well. I’m coming up with a list of possible nn’s (my friend went by Taz, which I like but it may feel a bit weird… we’ll see when the time comes).

I know that there’s a lot of opinions on [name_f]Taryn[/name_f], and I always love to hear what people think of it. I know it can be masculine or feminine, but I was wondering a) how others felt about it and b) if you think it’s a good male name. Again, if I ever used this name I’d give him the nickname option.

What do you think?

I find [name_f]Taryn[/name_f] dated as for a girl it peaked in the 80’s. I can’t see it on a boy knowing a girl named [name_f]Taryn[/name_f].

I honestly can’t really picture this name on a male… I personally know one girl (around 18) by this name, and I’ve heard it around alot and it’s always on girls. Also…the “yn” ending on it comes off as pretty feminine, to me anyhow. It’s a pretty common practice to replace an “e” with a “y”, in girls names. Think [name_f]Lauryn[/name_f], [name_u]Camryn[/name_u], [name_f]Allisyn[/name_f], etc.

It’s wouldn’t be a terrible name on a boy but if I were to be looking at a class roster or just read the name somewhere, I’d automatically assume it was a girl. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know how your friend [name_f]Taryn[/name_f] felt about his name? That may be a good opinion to get as well.

Best wishes!

I’ve only ever met girls named [name_f]Taryn[/name_f], so I have a hard time picturing it as a boy’s name…

[name_f]Taryn[/name_f] is a girls name… Only… And its a dated one

Sounds fresh for a boy! And with [name_m]Tanner[/name_m] so popular, why not [name_f]Taryn[/name_f]?

I’m not crazy about the spelling, but I like [name_f]Taryn[/name_f] for a boy.

I do not see [name_f]Taryn[/name_f] for a boy. More of a girl’s name, but I do not love it.

I think maybe the spelling Taran might be better suited for a boy. Taran is the name of the main character in [name_m]Lloyd[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]'s brilliant fantasy series The Chronicles of Prydain.

But I also think Taryn can work for a boy. :slight_smile:

It’s very hard for me to see the name on a boy for the mere fact that my youngest cousins name is [name_f]Taryn[/name_f] and she’s a girl. But it is a great name and if no other name works for you go for it.

Well it is my name :slight_smile: I like it, but not for a boy. I think the spelling is too feminine, but I’m probably slightly biased. I have had one or two people surprised to find out that I was a girl, so some people do associate it with males. I think Tarran/[name_f]Taran[/name_f]/[name_m]Teran[/name_m] is better suited for a boy (there are a couple of male actors named [name_f]Taran[/name_f]) but honestly I still favor it for females. It’s a pretty unique name, even for girls. I’ve only ever met one other [name_f]Taryn[/name_f] in my 22 years, and her parents got the name from me. Most people like it, though, if that influences you in any way! lol

Ive only met other girls called [name_f]Taryn[/name_f], the boys version is spelt [name_u]Taran[/name_u], obviously with the [name_m]Ran[/name_m] sound rather than Ryn on the end. But its up to you x