Honest opinions on the name Cassidy!

I am in love with the name [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], and [name_f]Cassie[/name_f], and thought [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] would be a good first name, and [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] as a potential nickname. What do you guys think? Is it too dated? Thanks!

3 Likes

Cassidy is totally usable. It’s not THE most dated of dated names, but I do associate it with people born in the 90s.

Cassandra is a more timeless alternative, or [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] is more current. But [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] really is a perfectly nice name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]! Its very lively and zippy. Definitely prefer it to [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]. I don’t agree that [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] is more “timeless.” I think [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] just became more generally popular more recently (1980s vs 40s). The “sandra” part of [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] sounds really dated to me.

2 Likes

I really like [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]! it actually feels quite refreshing to me, since I don’t (and haven’t really ever) hear it very often

2 Likes

Hi there.

To be honest, I’m not a huge fan. It just sounds really 90s trendy. Maybe [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] or [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] would be more timeless?

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Hmm, I’m not a fan of [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], and it’s slightly dated, but it’s a perfectly nice and usable name!

I like [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] nn [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]! It’s a solid not overused choice.

I have a friend named [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], nn [name_u]Cass[/name_u]. It’s not my style, but I think it a nice, well-rounded name. [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] is one I’m seeing recommended here, which I also like. [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] sounds really adventurous and spirited to me.

To me it’s dated. Not awful at all, but dated.

Cassidy is charming and bouncy! I like it

I really like it

I love [name_f]Cassia[/name_f] as it feels fresher and modern and the nickname [name_f]Cassie[/name_f] works well with it, as well. [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] is fine, just that it feels dated but shouldn’t be a deal breaker if it feels like “the one” to you.

I can definitely see the appeal of [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] but it does feel a tad 90s I do prefer the suggestion of [name_f]Cassia[/name_f].

Oh, I really like [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]! It’s probably my favorite [name_u]Cass[/name_u]- name.

I like [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] over [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]!
It makes it seem more fresh, as I’ve gone to school with many [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]’s nn [name_f]Cassie[/name_f]