honest opinions on the name zara

What do you think of the name [name_f]Zara[/name_f]? We are having a second girl and her sisters name is [name_f]Georgia[/name_f].

All I can think when I hear the name “[name_f]Zara[/name_f]” is of the short-lived character on the 90s version of Superman. But I doubt many other people will make that particular connection!

I love [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] has been on my list a long time and it gets great reviews usually. I think [name_f]Zara[/name_f] is lovely and also like [name_f]Zahra[/name_f] for a little more exotic oomph

I will be watching this thread closely because I love, love [name_f]Zara[/name_f].

I like the fact that:

• it stands out to me because it is not too common, but still easily pronounced and spelled.
  • it would fit any type of little girl, from sporty to sassy.

I struggle with:

• the fact that it may be perceived as a trendy name due to the Z at the beginning.
  • the worry I would hear a lot of “oh, they just switched the s in sara for a z” which is what a lot of people are doing to make a name “different.”

I do think it has a different feel than [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] because it is a less “familiar” name (which heightens the appeal for me) but I think they work together fine.

I think of the clothing store. But I do like the look & sound of the name.

I like [name_f]Zara[/name_f] visually, but I don’t like the sound. It doesn’t fit stylistically with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f].

I like it a lot, but I tend to picture a gypsy woman (much more so with [name_f]Zora[/name_f]), and so it’s always seemed too “hipster” for my taste. Besides that, it sounds so close to [name_f]Sarah[/name_f], which is incredibly popular in my area. I pacified my need for a ‘Z’ name with [name_f]Zea[/name_f] : )

P.S. [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Zara[/name_f] do sound great together : )

I would like the name more if it didn’t remind me so much of the clothing store.

I don’t think it fits with [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] at all. I don’t like the name because I think of [name_f]Zena[/name_f] Warrior [name_f]Princess[/name_f] and it just feels a little too harsh for me.

[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Zara[/name_f] are lovely together. [name_f]Zara[/name_f]'s such a pretty name. I know of the clothing store with the name but we don’t have one here and I’ve never shopped at one so I don’t think of it.

It reminds me of the clothing shop [name_f]Zara[/name_f]. But I like the spelling “[name_f]Zara[/name_f]” and I actually like the name too. It’s not my favorite, but it’s kinda cute :slight_smile:

I like it, it’s my sister’s name :slight_smile: [name_f]Zara[/name_f] [name_f]Kathryn[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

I find [name_f]Zara[/name_f] quite fun and spunky, but also as a really fashion forward girl. The name itself is great, not unheard of yet not super popular.
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f] and [name_f]Zara[/name_f] would make lovely sisters also.

I’m not a fan of the name. No particular reason, it’s just not one of my favorites.

Sidenote: I’m new to these forums and thought the names were automatically linked in posts but that doesn’t seem to be the case with my posts. Can anyone fill me in on how that works?

Make sure the names are capitalized. The names usually take a couple minutes to link up.