Honest Opinions On These Boy Names?

Did this for girls. What do you guys think of these boy names?

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Julius[/name_m] “[name_u]Jules[/name_u]”
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]

[name_m]Milo[/name_m], [name_u]Max[/name_u]/[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m], [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m], and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] are all rising in popularity where I live. I’ve met several [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] little boys. However, I don’t know any adults with any of these names.

[name_m]Milo[/name_m] reminds me of [name_m]Milo[/name_m] and [name_m]Otis[/name_m] (and I know a cat named [name_m]Milo[/name_m], so that association is strong for me); [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] I love but reminds me of [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] Shrugged, a connotation I don’t particularly like; [name_m]Julius[/name_m] reminds me of [name_u]Orange[/name_u] [name_m]Julius[/name_m]; [name_u]Nico[/name_u] reminds me of the (female) singer [name_u]Nico[/name_u]; [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] reminds me of the [name_m]Little[/name_m] Mermaid crab; [name_u]Max[/name_u] reminds me of Where the [name_m]Wild[/name_m] Things Are/[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]'s Hammer (Beatles song)!

I think [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] has some cute nickname options like Bash.

Out of those names, [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Max[/name_u]) is my favourite.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] some random honest thoughts :slight_smile:

All of them sound fine to me. There’s none that really jump out at me as being “better” than any other. I like [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_m]Julius[/name_m] the best, though!

I love all of these names! The only one not on my list is [name_m]Julius[/name_m] although it’s one I have thought about before and, now that I think about it, will add.

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] has always been one of my absolute favourite names (I also adore [name_m]Bastian[/name_m]) and l like [name_m]Seb[/name_m], [name_m]Bas[/name_m] (soft ‘s’) and Bash as nicknames for it. [name_u]Max[/name_u] is one you just can’t go wrong with in my opinion and I love the Where The [name_m]Wild[/name_m] Things Are reference. [name_m]Milo[/name_m] is another I’ve always loved and the [name_m]Milo[/name_m] and [name_m]Otis[/name_m] association has never bothered me (I loved that movie as a kid and also like the name [name_m]Otis[/name_m]). [name_u]Nico[/name_u] has a lot of spunk to me, sort of like names like [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], and even [name_m]Milo[/name_m] actually, and [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is a newer one for me that I’ve come to love. It sort of reminds me of [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], which I love.

I’d have a very hard time picking my favourite but considering popularity/usage I’d probably use [name_m]Milo[/name_m] ahead of the others on my own child, or [name_m]Atlas[/name_m]. Nice choices!

[name_m]Milo[/name_m] -love it, lively, sweet, fun but could also be serious

[name_m]Julius[/name_m] -it’s okay but it’s not really for me -i find it a tad harsh, sorry

[name_u]Max[/name_u] - brilliant! Sweet, versatile and classic

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]-love it! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the flow, the quirky but classic feel

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]-a fave of mine! Mystical and distinct but also easy to say

[name_u]Nico[/name_u] - not for me, but nothing wrong with it. Short and sweet

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts:

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]-I like it. It’s quirky & smart. Has a sweet gentle sound to it as well, but is still all boy.

[name_m]Julius[/name_m] “[name_u]Jules[/name_u]”-I like [name_m]Julius[/name_m]. It’s old fashioned, uncommon but recognizable. The nn [name_u]Jules[/name_u] is one of those names that’s too masculine for a girl but too feminine for a boy. I like the nn [name_u]Jude[/name_u].

[name_u]Max[/name_u]-I love it. It’s on my long list, even though it’s so popular. Such a fun loving name. [name_m]How[/name_m] could you not love a [name_u]Max[/name_u]? It’s nice for a nn too; maybe for something a little different like [name_m]Maxim[/name_m] or [name_m]Maximus[/name_m].

[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]-This is handsome. [name_f]Fancy[/name_f] yet manly. A lot of great nn options too. I like [name_m]Satch[/name_m], Bash, [name_m]Seb[/name_m] & Sebby.

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]-Very cool. I like it a lot. Can’t imagine an [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] not being a smart, artsy well put together guy.

[name_u]Nico[/name_u]-This is nice. It’s a little international sounding. I also like it as a nn for [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]- I think this one is cute. I’ve always loved the name [name_m]Milo[/name_m]. Its short and sweet, and has a nice ring to it. It’s also one you don’t hear too often, so there won’t be eight others of the same name in his kindergarten class.
[name_m]Julius[/name_m] “[name_u]Jules[/name_u]”- I personally have a strong dislike for the name [name_m]Julius[/name_m], especially with that nickname. I don’t know why, it just makes me cringe. It makes me think of [name_u]Orange[/name_u] [name_m]Julius[/name_m], or “family jewels” and “[name_u]Jules[/name_u]” just sounds feminine to me. If you like it though, well, that’s all that matters. Its your kid.
[name_u]Max[/name_u]- [name_u]Max[/name_u] is cute, but I feel its more of a nickname. Maybe [name_m]Maxon[/name_m] or something else that can be shortened to [name_u]Max[/name_u]?
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]- Alright, this one is adorable. And super sophisticated and old fashioned.
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]- I knew someone with a dog named [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], so to me this is something you would name a dog…not a kid. It could just be thrown off by personal experience though.
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]- I don’t care for [name_u]Nico[/name_u] simply because I don’t like the way it rolls off the tongue. Its not horrible though.

I love [name_m]Milo[/name_m] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]! [name_m]Seb[/name_m] is a particularly sweet nickname for [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. I think the names would work well together as well - [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m] / [name_m]Milo[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m].

[name_u]Nico[/name_u] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] are okay. Although I prefer [name_m]Nicolas[/name_m], [name_m]Maxim[/name_m], [name_m]Maxen[/name_m], and [name_m]Maxon[/name_m].

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and [name_m]Julius[/name_m] aren’t my taste.

My faves are [name_m]Milo[/name_m] and [name_u]Nico[/name_u], and I prefer [name_m]Julian[/name_m] to [name_m]Julius[/name_m]. [name_u]Max[/name_u] is a bit boring for me, [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is too grand, and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] is just not my taste but I don’t actively dislike it.

I don’t like any of them. [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] especially sounds like a fussy pampered child and I do not understand its popularity.

[name_m]Milo[/name_m] - Handsome and cute. Trendy also.
[name_m]Julius[/name_m] “[name_u]Jules[/name_u]” - Old-school sophisticated.
[name_u]Max[/name_u] - Sweet, but I know too many dogs named [name_u]Max[/name_u].
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - Very formal.
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] - I like it in theory, but it’s a big name to live up to.
[name_u]Nico[/name_u] - Cute. For me it’s a name that doesn’t age, and remains 9 years old.

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]: kind of feels like a cat name to me tbh
[name_m]Julius[/name_m] “[name_u]Jules[/name_u]”: love [name_u]Jules[/name_u]. [name_m]Julius[/name_m] reminds me of [name_u]Orange[/name_u] Juliuses
[name_u]Max[/name_u]: cute
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]: a bit frilly for me but love the nn Bash
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]: a GP to me, love it as a middle
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]: nice international flair, short and sweet

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] is a bit out there, for me, personally.
Not a fan of [name_u]Nico[/name_u] or [name_m]Milo[/name_m] either. They seem like kids names versus a name for a grownup.

I really like [name_u]Max[/name_u] and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m].