[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]
Thank you! You can be brutal as you like :slight_smile:

You asked for brutal honesty, so I will be brutal. [name_m]Just[/name_m] as an advisement… if I met anyone with any of these names I would tell them how beautiful the names are because they are all stunning! [name_u]Truly[/name_u]!
…And now I shall tear them apart.

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]- This has always seemed like you are trying to hard [name_f]IMO[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]- Beautiful, perfect. I love it.
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]- Very pretty. Hate [name_f]Cordy[/name_f] as a nickname, or any of the other obvious ones.
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]- I don’t like it. It seems to me as a “weak” name. Not sure if I can explain why. It just seems flighty and a bit prissy.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]- yawn A little overdone for me now.
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]- Never been a favourite. It seems a bit silly to me. I love the nickname [name_u]Nelly[/name_u] though!
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]- Gorgeous!
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]- [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t hear it often.It’s not bad but doesn’t seem to have enough substance to actually use it. Also reminds me of a parrot.

I would actually use either [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] or [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] as a fn, and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] or [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] as a mn! Great list. Sorry if I was brutal :wink:

My honest opinions :

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] : Stunning name !! [name_f]Love[/name_f] it . Easily my favorite name right now .
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] : I dont like it at all . I coud not see the appeal of that name .
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] : very pretty . Like the nn .
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] : I like the meaning but not the name at all .
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] : [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] , [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] .
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] : Like it .
[name_f]Philipa[/name_f] : Easily my least favorite name . Hate the nn [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] also .
[name_f]Polly[/name_f] :As a nn maybe . As a stand alone no way .

Sorry if i was brutal . You say to be honest :slight_smile:

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]: I don’t really understand the appeal. It’s a top three name in my country for 14 years (1999-2013) so I know at least 30 [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], Nastyas, Asyas. The meaning is lovely though and it’s a royal name as well so nice but not my favorite.
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]: It used to be a contender on my list but I prefer [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Beata[/name_f] or [name_f]Behati[/name_f].
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]: probably my favorite on your list but I would change a letter and get the most perfect name in the world, [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f]. :wink:
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]: I like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and funky nickname Licity or Lica.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]: Again, what’s so nice? She was such a drama queen, stubborn and tragic and the name is full of tears and frills. I prefer [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], if talk about [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m].
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]: I like her myth and prefer [name_u]Penny[/name_u] to [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] but it’s not my #1 still.
[name_f]Philipa[/name_f]: Nice one. [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is cute and I rather like the royal family, to say honest, they are so cute and well-dressed. But there will be an issue with the amount of l-s and p-s.
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]: My secret love. Although I wouldn’t use it as a full name(but maybe would, a la [name_f]Molly[/name_f] and [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]), it’s a gorgeous nickname for [name_f]Appoline[/name_f], Hippolyta and [name_f]Mary[/name_f](and maybe [name_f]Philippa[/name_f]).
My top 3 for you:
[name_f]Philipa[/name_f] nn [name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] - classic, strong
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - [name_f]Bea[/name_f] names are way too trendy right now
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - lovely
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - classic, needs more use
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - classic but popular
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - too trendy
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - not bad, at least its not uber popular
[name_f]Polly[/name_f] - prefer [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f], or [name_f]Holly[/name_f] - [name_f]Polly[/name_f] feels dull

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your honesty!
@silverr: WDYT of [name_f]Coco[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]? I’ve also considered [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] (family name) with the nn CC.
@mclevine: do you live in [name_f]Russia[/name_f]? I only know two Anastasias! I’m a little worried about the popularity of [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] too, but I also love [name_u]Philly[/name_u] and [name_f]Pippi[/name_f] as nicknames; so I think I’m covered with [name_f]Philippa[/name_f].
@ophanedhanyou: didn’t realise [name_f]Bea[/name_f]- names and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] were ‘trendy’! I’ve loved them for ages :frowning:
Thanks for the suggestions of [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] and [name_f]Holly[/name_f] - [name_f]Pollyanna[/name_f] is far too tied to the book (and a bit ‘smushed’) for me; and [name_f]Holly[/name_f] is too popular. I appreciate it nonetheless!

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] - I always liked this name. I think it’s elegant and beautiful. My favorite of all your options.

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - Not a fan of [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] but I think this is a more fun and spunky version of it. My fave of all the [name_f]Bea[/name_f]- names

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - Very pretty but not my style of name. I like the nickname [name_f]Coral[/name_f] though

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - same here not my style of name.

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - very pretty and feminine name without being too frilly. I love this name

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - I think it is beautiful but after a Kardashian was named [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] I personally took it off my list

[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - I love the nn [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] so I definately love this name for the nickname

[name_f]Polly[/name_f] - Pretty but I always think “[name_f]Polly[/name_f] want a cracker?”

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] -The best of the bunch. Powerful and pretty. [name_m]Just[/name_m] don’t shorten it to something inconsequential like [name_f]Ana[/name_f] or [name_u]Stacey[/name_u].
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - Weird. Would be improved if changed to [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - I appreciate this name, but I don’t like it. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you know what I mean? I think it’s a strong, excellent choice - I just wouldn’t choose it for myself. [name_m]Just[/name_m] like I think [name_f]Jillian[/name_f] is prettier than [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] but I appreciate [name_f]Gillian[/name_f] so much more.
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - I will always think of the American Girl doll.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - Eh. This one is okay, but I don’t love it.
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - I like this a lot, but it’s a little chunky. Also I’m not a fan of the nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u].
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - Hate! Hate! It’s just a boys’ name with an “-uh” sound tacked onto the end! No!
[name_f]Polly[/name_f] - Cutesy and inconsequential. I think of [name_f]Polly[/name_f] Pockets or a parrot.

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] - This is my middle name, I love it. It’s beautiful, however it is quite a lot of name for a little girl.
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - I prefer [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] just looks strange to me.
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - I always think of the [name_f]Anne[/name_f] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables books, [name_f]Anne[/name_f] always wants to be called [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]. Pretty name!
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f] this name! So happy go lucky sounding.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - Pretty.
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f], love, love this one. It was my DH/my top list, but we have a relative who named her daughter that.
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - I don’t like the sound of this one, but I do like nn [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] or [name_m]Pip[/name_m].
[name_f]Polly[/name_f] - This one is fine, it’s not my style, but I can see the appeal.

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] - I used to like this name until I actually heard it on the playground. It sounded heavy and cumbersome. It also makes me think of anesthesia.
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f]. And love the nn [name_f]Bea[/name_f]!
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - I like it in theory, but I don’t know what the nn would be… [name_m]Cord[/name_m]?
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - I can’t separate this name from the 90’s show.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - Cute, but I don’t like the possible nns [name_u]Jules[/name_u]/[name_u]Julie[/name_u]/Juju? But it’s short enough it might not need to have a nn though.
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - Ok, but I don’t like the nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u].
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - [name_f]Love[/name_f]. I heard it in a movie where the girl used the nn [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], and I thought it was adorable!
[name_f]Polly[/name_f] - Parrot name, sorry!

I love:

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]

Hate:
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]

The rest are ok.

My truly honest thoughts:

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] - I love it, she’s elegant and has gorgeous associations with Russian Revolution, she’s demure and has a range of great nicknames such as [name_f]Anya[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_f]Ana[/name_f], Tasy, and Sia. She’s great. But she does have the associations with fifty shades do I want my child’s name associated with a sex novel??

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f], she’s spunky and stylish. [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] has a lot of spark and has two great nicknames [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] and [name_f]Bea[/name_f]. I also like the association with [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]. But is [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] more elegant…? I think so.

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - She’s an elegant, sophisticated, Shakespearean choice. I love how wholesome and rural [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] sounds. She’s such a beautiful name! I also love the [name_f]Cordy[/name_f] nickname it’s such a cute nickname. Going against the berries on the [name_f]Cordy[/name_f] nickname.

[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - I like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] but I don’t love [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]. She’s a sweet choice, has a lovely meaning and cute nicknames such as Fliss and [name_f]Flick[/name_f]. BUT she feels slightly weak and I prefer [name_f]Verity[/name_f] which is similar to [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] but just feels stronger. Actually to be honest I really love [name_f]Verity[/name_f].

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - A lovely name. My favourite Shakespearean play is [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] & [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. I love the tragic love story, the imagery and connotations of romance from the play and the elegance of it. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a stunning choice. I love how romantic [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] sounds and the beauty of this choice. I love the [name_u]Jules[/name_u] nickname as well.

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - I really love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], she’s an elegant and wholesome name. I love how majestic [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] sounds, and how visually beautiful she looks. [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] is a brilliant name despite the Kardashian association.

[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - Ugh I really dislike this choice. [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is okay but a little cheesy.

[name_f]Polly[/name_f] - [name_f]Polly[/name_f] Pockets!!

[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] is the only one I really care for.

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] - I don’t like this at all, it sounds so nasal & whiny.
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - I don’t hate it but I think of [name_f]Bellatrix[/name_f] Lestrange, also hate nn [name_f]Trix[/name_f]/[name_f]Trixie[/name_f]. I prefer [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - I can’t separate this name from the 90’s show. I don’t find the name pretty either.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - Worst character ever.
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - There are so many better names. This isn’t terrible, but it wouldn’t go on any list of mine.
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - Still too masculine.
[name_f]Polly[/name_f] - Too nicknamey.

You have a nice list! I like:

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] (although I like it better in theory, a littl too frilly for me)
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]- it’s pretty but a bit princessy to me. I will always think “Russian Czarina” when I hear it and picture mink coats and icy winters.
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]- I kind of love it.
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]- I love the name in theory, but I honestly don’t know how wearable it would be in real life. I don’t know how it would do in Australia though.
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]- never cared for the TV show and don’t care for virtue names, but this is an exception. It’s just pretty
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]- so pretty
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]- hate the Kardashian association, but otherwise love the name
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f]- love the name (actually, I love the nn). hate that it became popularized because of [name_f]Kate[/name_f] Middleton’s sister. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t know if it increased popularity where you live.
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]- cute but not sure I love it as a full name.

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Coco[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]! I actually just met a [name_f]Coco[/name_f] last week and loved it!

Thanks so much everyone! You’ve given me so much to think about :slight_smile: I’m leaning towards [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and thinking of going towards [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] (I think it feels lighter somehow, with the added bonus of the nn [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]).
I hate that the Kardashians used [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] :frowning: so sad for me!!

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] - It’s one of those frilly, feminine names that I actually like.
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - I dislike [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] but I love [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]! I prefer it on the middle spot.
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - I don’t like it at all. I don’t get its appeal - it gives off a rather snobbish vibe.
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - It’s okay. Feels a bit bland.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - Beautiful.
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - I’m beginning to dislike it. Not really because its becoming trendy but because of the unappealing sound.
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] is okay but I really dislike the nn [name_f]Pippa[/name_f].
[name_f]Polly[/name_f] - Quite frumpy.

[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] - [name_m]Long[/name_m], but regal. Can work with the right nickname.
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] - Offbeat, growing on me. This makes the nickname [name_f]Trixie[/name_f] work.
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f] - Purely [name_f]Buffy[/name_f] the Vampire Slayer to me. In response to someone above, this character’s nickname was [name_f]Cordy[/name_f], though [name_f]Delia[/name_f] is also a possibility.
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] - [name_f]One[/name_f] of my favorites on this list. This is my aunt’s name, so it does work on an adult.
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] - Pretty, streamlined, and Shakespearean (I prefer the name to the play).
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - Mythological and beautiful.
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] - A beautiful feminization with a possible boyish nickname ([name_u]Phil[/name_u]) and a girlish one ([name_f]Pippa[/name_f])
[name_f]Polly[/name_f] - Too much of a nickname name, compared to the others.