Honest Opinions Please

We would love some honest opinions on our final list. [name]Do[/name] any of these names conjure up any specific images or personalities?

[name]Martha[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name]
[name]Etta[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]/ [name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Odessa[/name]/ [name]Dessa[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]

Thankyou foryour help!

My favorite is [name]Tess[/name]. The others are all a little out there or old fashioned for my taste. [name]Martha[/name] reminds me of [name]Martha[/name] [name]Stewart[/name] and [name]Etta[/name] makes me think of the singer [name]Etta[/name] [name]James[/name]. No bad correlations but that’s what I think of. [name]Tess[/name] is so pretty though!

Hmmm - I like [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] even better. It’s fresh and happy with no strong connotations of any kind. [name]Etta[/name] ([name]Etta[/name] [name]James[/name]) and [name]Dahlia[/name] ([name]Black[/name] [name]Dahlia[/name]) are quite nice as well. I can’t decide if I like [name]Odessa[/name]/[name]Dessa[/name] or not. It’s obviously giving me a Ukrainian/Russian image. I know I don’t care for any of the others though.

I love [name]Saskia[/name]. Its exotic and unusual (in the US at least) but still easy to pronounce and spell. It is just the right combination of individuality and elegance imo.

[name]Martha[/name] - I like this name and think of it as an underused classic. It makes me think of [name]Little[/name] Women, though I couldn’t say why because I don’t think there are any characters in [name]Little[/name] Women named [name]Martha[/name]. It also reminds me of [name]Martha[/name] [name]Washington[/name] and, of course, [name]Martha[/name] [name]Stewart[/name]. It’s old-fashioned, but in a good way.

[name]Dahlia[/name] - Despite negative personal associations with this name, I still like it! It makes me think of the flower. Perhaps because the flower is so bold, it seems like a fairly strong name.

[name]Etta[/name] - Makes me think of [name]Etta[/name] Place, the [name]Sundance[/name] Kid’s paramour. To me it seems incomplete, like a nickname rather than an actual name. It also seems kind of… bumpkinish, somehow.

[name]Tess[/name]/ [name]Tessa[/name] - I really like both of these, but only as nicknames.

[name]Odessa[/name]/ [name]Dessa[/name] - My first association is with a movie starring Whoopi Goldberg where she plays a Southern maid named [name]Odessa[/name], so now it sounds like a Southern name to me. My second association is, of course, the Ukrainian city (though I admit I vaguely thought it was a place in [name]Russia[/name] before I looked it up). I’m not a huge fan of place names.

[name]Saskia[/name] - I should like this, but the sound is just unpleasant to me. The ‘K’ bugs me.

[name]Eulalie[/name] - Makes me think of the mayor’s wife, [name]Eulalie[/name] Mackechnie Shinn, in The [name]Music[/name] [name]Man[/name]. It’s pretty, though it sounds very old-fashioned with the “eu” beginning. I’m not a fan of -ie endings for girls’ names; I think they seem too diminutive. I would prefer [name]Eulalia[/name].

My favorites from your list are [name]Martha[/name] and [name]Dahlia[/name].

Edited to add: Somehow I overlooked [name]Clementine[/name]. I like the citrus association, but I can’t get past the song. Whenever I see this name, “but her shoes were number niiiine” starts playing in my head.

[name]Martha[/name] – I love this. I have known two [name]Martha[/name]'s in my life, and they are both the most beautiful, intelligent, caring, genuinely NICE, down-to-earth, loving women I know! I think this name ages well, too. I picture an adorable little girl that is sweet and polite, and an extremely well-rounded adult. Nothing but goodness in this name for me!

[name]Dahlia[/name] – I really like [name]Dahlia[/name]. I think it is beautiful and spunky/fun at the same time.

[name]Etta[/name] – I love this name; it is a cute nickname, but I also think it can stand alone.

[name]Tess[/name]/ [name]Tessa[/name] – cute. I think of a spunky little girl, but I also associate this name with a spoiled little brat, yet I have no idea why. :? It must be just me!

[name]Odessa[/name]/ [name]Dessa[/name] – Not the name for me, but I can see the appeal.

[name]Saskia[/name] – I adore this name! I think it is beautiful and unique without being too “out there”

[name]Eulalie[/name] – like a lot. But whenever I say it, I am reminded of the musical instrument ukalale. Not a bad association, it is just where my mind goes.

My favorites are [name]Saskia[/name], [name]Martha[/name] and [name]Etta[/name]

To me all of the names on your list have a similar feel, and I really like all of them.

If i had to pick favourites:
[name]Dahlia[/name] is gorgeous. I love the sound of it and I think it could suit any kind of girl/lady.
[name]Odessa[/name] is a little more unusual but I think the nn [name]Dessa[/name] makes it a bit more familiar (like [name]Tessa[/name]) To me this name sounds like a beautiful, mysterious girl, and the nn [name]Dessa[/name] sounds funloving and kind.
I also love [name]Saskia[/name]! To me this name is similar to [name]Dahlia[/name], could suit any girl, but isn’t too unusual. It is easy to say and spell and I especially love the nns Sassy and [name]Kiki[/name]!
I love [name]Clementine[/name] on a little girl and a tean but I can’t imagine it on an adult. I do really love it though as it has such a happy and fun feel about it. The nns [name]Cleo[/name], [name]Clem[/name] and [name]Emmy[/name] would also be really cute!
I like the look of [name]Eulalie[/name], but I’m not sure how I should be pronouncing it. It seems old fashioned, but in a good way. This would be a good choice if you want something really different.