Honest opinions please!

See the results of this poll: Which name do you like the best and why?

Respondents: 78 (This poll is closed)

• Jovi : 2 (3%)
  • Darcy : 16 (21%)
  • Sage : 13 (17%)
  • Cleo : 13 (17%)
  • Nala : 7 (9%)
  • Lola : 22 (28%)
  • Amber: 5 (6%)

I voted for [name]Cleo[/name], because that was my favorite name on there … and then I saw [name]Amber[/name] -.- I don’t think I can undo the vote, but I love [name]Amber[/name] more. I like gem names, and [name]Amber[/name] just sounds so appealing to me :slight_smile:

I love [name]Cleo[/name], [name]Darcy[/name] and [name]Lola[/name] - probably in that order. The others don’t appeal to me at all for various reasons ([name]Sage[/name] sounds harsh to me, [name]Amber[/name] feels dated) but I really love [name]Cleo[/name], [name]Darcy[/name] and [name]Lola[/name], especially [name]Cleo[/name] and [name]Darcy[/name]! It was hard to choose between those two but I voted for [name]Cleo[/name], probably because I know a few little [name]Darcy[/name]'s here in the UK, as well as [name]Lola[/name]'s, but I’m yet to meet a [name]Cleo[/name] and think it would be really refreshing. All 3 names sound sassy, feminine but spunky with a little attitude, short and sweet, easy to spell/pronounce. They’re just great!

Good luck :slight_smile:

[name]Amber[/name] is the only one that sounds like a name and not a nn in my opinion :confused: [name]Darcy[/name] just reminds me of Pride and Prejudice “Mr. [name]Darcy[/name]”

[name]Jovi[/name] - I don’t like this name much, it seems very masculine to me.
[name]Darcy[/name] - This name is all country to me. I just don’t see the appeal of it, and I dont like the sound of the “Dar” part.
[name]Sage[/name] - This is a nice name, but it’s unisex so it seems a little masculine to me. It would be great as as mn for a feminine fn.
[name]Cleo[/name] - I don’t like how this name looks spelled out at all, but the sound of [name]Cleo[/name] is very cute.
[name]Nala[/name] - [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name].
[name]Lola[/name] - I think this name is so cute!
[name]Amber[/name] - Outdated, '90’s, the first thing that comes to mind is [name]Amber[/name] from 16 and Pregnant.

I like [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Sage[/name]…very different names in feeling, but both super pretty and interesting to me.

[name]Jovi[/name] - I actually love [name]Jovie[/name] with the e, but this just makes me think of Bon [name]Jovi[/name].
[name]Darcy[/name] - I know a girl I don’t like with this name, but it also makes me think of Mr. [name]Darcy[/name] and I just think it sounds masculine.
[name]Sage[/name] - Like this, but it is a bit unisex. I think I’d like it more on a boy. It’s still lovely, though.
[name]Cleo[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name, though sometimes I get [name]Cleopatra[/name] vibes. Prefer [name]Clio[/name].
[name]Nala[/name] - [name]Lion[/name] [name]King[/name]. Also, this seems very incomplete to me somehow.
[name]Lola[/name] - I love this in theory. In actuality, it seems very [name]Lolita[/name]-ish. It’s just a bit over the top. Would make a great middle.
[name]Amber[/name] - This is just so dated, and unlike others I don’t think it’s ready for a revival. NN [name]Amy[/name] would make me like it more.

1. [name]Cleo[/name] ([name]Clio[/name])
  2. [name]Sage[/name]
    3/4. Tie between [name]Lola[/name] and [name]Jovi/name
  3. [name]Nala[/name]
  4. [name]Amber[/name]
  5. [name]Darcy[/name]

I like [name]Lola[/name], [name]Nahla[/name] and [name]Clio[/name], but [name]Nahla[/name] has to have that spelling - you may like [name]Nola[/name]. A lot of these sound like nicknames, though, to be honest.

I like [name]Cleo[/name] the best as it is spunky.

The name [name]Sage[/name] for a girl is really growing on me. It’s fresh, cute, and kinda pretty.

[name]Sage[/name] is my favorite here because it is short and strong. I don’t really care that it is used by boys too… So is [name]Alex[/name]! [name]Morgan[/name] and [name]Madison[/name] used to be guys’ names too. I think [name]Sage[/name] is on its way to be mostly for girls. Not as bad as trying to use [name]James[/name] for a girl, which is surprisingly coming up quite a bit…

I vote [name]Cleo[/name], because it’s cute, simple, and pretty.

I love [name]Amber[/name]; I always have. It is such a beautiful name and it may be somewhat popular, but that doesn’t turn me off!

This exactly! I actually voted for [name]Darcy[/name] but it was difficult between [name]Darcy[/name], [name]Cleo[/name], and [name]Lola[/name].

I like [name]Amber[/name] and [name]Darcy[/name]. The rest are really NMS… either too cutesy, nicknamey or just too out there.

[name]Lola[/name] just sounds like a pretty, sophisticated woman.

I prefer [name]Darcy[/name], then [name]Amber[/name]. :slight_smile:

I voted [name]Sage[/name], I absolutely love it! For me, it is short for sagebrush, which is all over the New Mexico mountains where I’ve gone every year since I can remember. I’m usually not a fan of unisex names, but I love nature names, and a lot of them are unisex. My second choice would be [name]Darcy[/name]. I actually like this name a lot too, but I had a best friend in elementary named [name]Darcy[/name], so it has good memories for me. [name]Jovi[/name] and [name]Nala[/name] are nice too. I don’t like [name]Cleo[/name] or [name]Amber[/name], and I really don’t like [name]Lola[/name]. I’ve heard the song a few too many times I guess.

[name]Jovi[/name]–I dunno. I’ve never given this one any thought. This is the first I’ve heard it.
[name]Darcy[/name]–I prefer [name]Darby[/name].
[name]Sage[/name]–I like this a great deal. I like the way it’s both an herb and a quality of wisdom.
[name]Cleo[/name]–I like this a lot, too. I think I prefer it used as a nn for [name]Cleopatra[/name], though. More options down the road.
[name]Nala[/name]–I don’t like the first syllable, which sounds like nay. Unless you’re pronouncing it Nah-la, which I like more.
[name]Lola[/name]–This is great. I also like [name]Lila[/name] and [name]Layla[/name].
[name]Amber[/name]–This is OK, but very seventies/hippie.

Thanks so much for the replies! Keep the votes/responses coming, as you are helping us to decide!! :slight_smile: