Honest thoughts on Lillevi?

I guess I can see that but honestly it didn’t even occur to me that [name_u]Levi[/name_u] was in the name. Lillavi looks like li-LAH-vee to me, and Lillevie is better but looks like li-LEV-ee to me. I don’t mind it but Lillevi is still my favorite. I’d also lean towards keeping the original spelling because it’s not an [name_f]English[/name_f] name, it’s a Swedish name, and I don’t know how that would change the pronunciation.

Lillevi is super pretty and has so many great nickname options, I really like it for you!

2 Likes

@SparkleNinja18 I see what your mean, if Lillevi wasn’t in use until the 20th century its definitely not a very old name! Also, I don’t think Lillevi means “little mother”, I think someone has mixed up the names Lillevi and [name_f]Lillemor[/name_f] (another Swedish name). Lille = little and mor = mother so the literal meaning of [name_f]Lillemor[/name_f] is little mother. For Lillevi the literal meaning would be “little us” (lille = little, vi = we), but it’s grammatically incorrect in Swedish, so I think the meaning of the name is more likely to be something like what BtN suggested. Anyway it’s beautiful!

1 Like

@hedvigpihh, I actually really like [name_f]Lillemor[/name_f] too! Meanings aren’t really a top priority for me, as long as I love the name—I think of them as a cherry on top if they’re nice!—but I like both “little us” and “little devoted one”. BtN suggested that “vi” came from “vé”, which they say means “devoted, dedicated” in Old Norse.

I love it
But how do you prononce it

1 Like

Lil-eh-vee

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes, that’s how it’s pronounced :grin:

1 Like