Honest thoughts on Tallulah please!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,
I’d like you to be as honest as possible on your thoughts about the name [name]Tallulah[/name].
What would you expect a teenager or adult named [name]Tallulah[/name] to be like?

[name]Feel[/name] free to be brutal!

Because you asked for brutal honesty, I’ll give it to you. And please, no one be offended. Honestly, I hate it. The only time I’ve ever heard of anyone liking it is on name sites like this. It’s actually kind of a joke name amongst many of my friends and family members. I find it incredibly pretentious and just different for the sake of being different.
However, it’s a completely personal opinion. If someone loves it, they should use it. It’s their kid. I don’t like it, but I don’t have to.

I love the name [name]Tallulah[/name]. I am a writer. The name means leaping water in choctaw, My husband is part choctaw so if I had used the name I feel it would have been legitmate. I have a 5 month old son, He is called [name]Felix[/name].

The only [name]Tallulah[/name] I know is a thirteen year old, who is quite shy but really sweet. I think the name really suits her and I tend to imagine her when I hear the name.
Having said that, I struggle to imagine the name on an adult who isn’t really hippy or out there, or just really pretentious. The nickname [name]Tully[/name] is quite lovely though, and I can see that on an adult.

Honestly? When I hear the name I think of [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Belle[/name] [name]Willis[/name]. It isn’t a horrible name, but I think that there are much nicer ones out there. Saying that, if [name]Tallulah[/name] is your style I say go with it! I like the nickname [name]Lulu[/name]!

Honestly, I hate it too. Not going to say anything more, only to each their own.

I’m not offended at all!
I find the name cute but I tend to agree with a lot of the negative comments you have mentioned.
Thing is, my husband LOVES it and has his heart set on having a daughter named [name]Tallulah[/name]. It’s growing on me slowly, but I wanted to see if other people shared my views/concerns, which it seems many do!
Keep the comments coming! If you’re a fan of the name I’d love you to convince me!

I agree with others; I think it’s pretty silly sounding and I don’t see the appeal. I’m not sure I could take an adult [name]Tallulah[/name] seriously. It’s not the worst name ever, though. You could definitely use it in the middle if it’s that important.

I will disagree with the majority here and say that I actually like [name]Tallulah[/name]. Because I do. I personally don’t see anything wrong with the name. It feels light, feminine, fun and carefree. I love [name]Lulu[/name] and [name]Tally[/name] as nicknames. There are these gorgeous waterfalls in [name]Georgia[/name] and they are part of the [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Gorge[/name] (fed from the [name]Tallulah[/name] [name]River[/name]) and they are often called the [name]Tallulah[/name] Falls (the town it’s in is called [name]Tallulah[/name] Falls as well). We stopped there on a road trip years ago and they’re absolutely amazing. That’s when I fell for the name. I can imagine a girl named [name]Tallulah[/name] being easy going and a flower child of sorts, always smiling and happy. A teenage [name]Tallulah[/name] might be a bit of a hippy, or maybe a rebel. And an adult [name]Tallulah[/name] could be an artist or a dancer. But of course a [name]Tallulah[/name] could be anything. This summer I worked at a law firm and one the most well respected women there was named [name]Daisy[/name]. [name]Daisy[/name] is more established as a name than [name]Tallulah[/name], but it has that young, laid-back, childish feel people often shy away from.

Anyway, those are just my two cents. If you can get away with using the name, I say go for it. Or, if you feel like it’s a bit too…[name]Tallulah[/name]…then it could definitely work in the middle.

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I always thought this name was too feminine or frilly for my taste.

However I adopted a cat 2 months ago, and [name]Tallulah[/name] just fits her! So now I can’t use this name on a future kid anymore and it’s growing on me. Can always use [name]Lulah[/name] as an nn.

I think it is a great name but I don’t think I would go through with using it. As others have said, it is cute for a little girl but I don’t think it would age well.

All I can hear is [name]Tallulah[/name] Does the Hula in [name]Hawaii[/name]. Sorry.