Honest thoughts on these names

Having a daughter and I can’t choose!

Carolina ([name_u]Caro[/name_u]-lee-na)
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] (either yew-la-leah or yew-lay-leah) nn would be [name_f]Lula[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexia[/name_f]
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Eulalia (yew-lay-leah) and [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] tie for me!!

My favourites are [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], [name_f]Alexia[/name_f], & [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]. I’d avoid [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] just because of how popular the Amazon [name_f]Alexa[/name_f] is. I think [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] just about wins for me, but they’re very close.

I love [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f], [name_f]Saskia[/name_f], and [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], in that order!! All very beautiful names!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] and [name_f]Carolina[/name_f]! So princessy and beautiful! I also really like [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] though it feels a little dated to me for some reason.

Saskia is my favourite!

Congratulations!

My favourites are [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] & [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] and my absolute favourite is [name_f]Valentina[/name_f].

Saskia is my favourite. It’s unique, strong, and beautiful and has a lovely mixture of spunk and quirkiness to it.

I like [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] (I love unisex names for girls) and [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] is beautiful. [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] is a great name but she would probably spend her whole life correcting people on the pronunciation :woman_shrugging:

[name_f]Carolina[/name_f] (Caro-lee-na) - Beautiful and classic, but I know someone with the name and she complains it’s often mispronounced.
Saskia - Very dainty and pretty! Reminds me of [name_f]Sakura[/name_f] without the anime-edge.
Eulalia (either yew-la-leah or yew-lay-leah) nn would be Lula - Reminds me too much of the word “uvula” for some reason. I think there are better flowing, more feminine names with the same sort of effect.
Alexia - Beautiful but perhaps a bit overdone for my liking.
Alexis - As above
Valentina - I love this one, a perfect balance between contemporary, classic, feminine. It’s nice sounding and everyone knows how to pronounce it. Also many cute nickname ops.

Carolina - I love [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. Is you’re un the U.S. pronunciation may be tough. -[name_f]Lena[/name_f] vs -[name_f]Lina[/name_f] like the states.

Saskia - not sure if I’m pronouncing it correctly, but to do like it. Sounds slightly exotic and delicate.

Eulalia - really like this one. prefer the lay-leah sounds like a pretty flower

Alexia - seems a little lackluster compared to your other unique names. .

Alexis - same as [name_f]Alexia[/name_f]. Not very exciting, a little too common for me.

Valentina - this is on my lists and I absolutely adore it! I think I prefer [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], but super similar.

What a great list you have. Have you put this into the namehunter or namefinder page on this site for similar ideas?

Love [name_f]Lula[/name_f] and [name_f]Saskia[/name_f]!!

As a Carolina with that pronunciation I can confirm it gets 100% mispronounced. It’s a lifetime of correcting people, and half of them will not care enough to say it right.

I just started a new job a couple weeks ago. After a million zoom meetings where I’ve introduced million every time as Car-oh-lee-nah, they still say it wrong. Sometimes when I’m abroad and meet new people for the day I’ll just change my name. I also frequently get mistaken for Catalina or Carina.

Saskia - Love it
Eulalia - This is a very dated, old lady name for me but it’s not too bad
Alexia - Too similar to Amazon Alexa
Alexis - Really like it!
Valentina - Love the full name but not too keen on the short names

Eulalia and [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] are quite pretty. I think I’d go with [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] for its lyrical sound.
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u] and [name_f]Alexia[/name_f] are too close to the electronic device.
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] is a bit dramatic.

I love [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] but have never heard it in real life. That gets my vote.

I love [name_f]Saskia[/name_f]! [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] and [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] are close runners up for me.

Valentina like [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] Tereshkova! I also like [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]. :relaxed:

I love [name_f]Saskia[/name_f] (unique, adventurous, fun) and [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] (international, romantic, sweet)!
[name_f]Alexia[/name_f], [name_u]Alexis[/name_u] and [name_f]Carolina[/name_f] are nice!
I can’t imagine a young [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f] but [name_f]Lalia[/name_f] would be a cute nickname.

[name_f]Carolina[/name_f], [name_f]Lula[/name_f] and [name_f]Valentina[/name_f]!

Eulalia gets my vote. Such a bonus that there are so many nn possibilities. I used to really dislkke this name, but I am really liking it lately. Second choiceo would be [name_f]Valentina[/name_f].