Honest thoughts on this combo?

I thought we felt decided but maybe I spoke too soon. The more my partner and I discuss names the more I realize how much meanings have played a part in our picking names in the past etc. We are really loving

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f]

Are the same sounding endings that awful? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you struggle to pronounce this name?

Please note, [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is an honor for my late mother. It’s a firm middle choice. I won’t/can’t use [name_f]Diane[/name_f] as an alternative for a few personal reasons, one being they are quite literally different people in my life. I really, really want to use [name_f]Diana[/name_f] as a middle.

I am loving [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] a lot and her meaning so much it’s growing on us. I’ll mention our last name “ruins” a lot of names and we have narrowed a LOT and done SO much name searching. I do appreciate honest opinions. Thank you!

2 Likes

I think it’s perfectly fine, both ending in -a doesn’t shock me in the slightest

It’s a very pretty name, so if you love it, just go for it.

1 Like

I absolutely love it. The double -a isn’t a dealbreaker for me. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Diana[/name_f] are both beautiful names with lovely meanings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It is a lovely choice and when I say it, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Diana[/name_f] have a slightly different ending sound for the ‘a’. Perfectly useable!

Thank you for your thoughts!

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] works for me and has grown on me since I first read it! It’s a charming and bright name

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Diana[/name_f] is stunning. I would love to have this name. I actually love the double -a ending and I think it makes the combo sound so elegant.

[name_u]Alba[/name_u], [name_f]Roxana[/name_f], and [name_f]Zora[/name_f] also have “dawn” meanings.

I love it too! I don’t mind the repeating -a endings…it brings out the “n” in [name_f]Diana[/name_f] in a nice way.

I like it and I think the the double a endings actually work well! however I don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet but it feels a bit goddess-heavy because Aurora and Diana are both goddesses in Roman mythology — Aurora is the goddess of the dawn (Roman equivalent of Eos) and Diana is the goddess of the moon and the hunt (Roman equivalent of Artemis)

1 Like

Sounds perfect, and it seems to have all the meaning in the world to you. Congrats!

Normally the same endings would be weird, but with this combo I actually don’t think it sounds bad. I think the different amounts of syllables helps.