Honor name for Leon

I really like Leon, it was the name of a very special person in my family long ago, but my husband thinks the name is “too casual”. (Suddenly he has opinions on my name list, he always just says “I don’t know,maybe”.) I don’t necessarily love the NN Leo. Any ideas for an honor name? Maybe even as a MN? Elias is also a top contender on my boys list, Elias [name_m]Leon[/name_m] or Leon [name_u]Elias[/name_u], just doesn’t flow to me.

Leonardo, [name_m]Leandro[/name_m], [name_m]Leno[/name_m], or [name_m]Leander[/name_m], maybe? [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] doesn’t work with [name_u]Elias[/name_u].

Maybe names with similar meanings or assocations to ‘lion’:
[name_u]Ariel[/name_u]
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Lev[/name_m]
[name_m]Levon[/name_m]

1 Like

@jonquils I know it! I don’t even need to pair [name_u]Elias[/name_u] with [name_m]Leon[/name_m], just another one I love. [name_f]My[/name_f] tongue trips over all the L sounds pairing them together.

1 Like

For names with similar meanings, try this post!

Leonard
[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m] / Eleo
[name_f]Leonie[/name_f]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]
[name_u]Lennox[/name_u]
[name_u]Lenny[/name_u]
[name_u]Lennon[/name_u]
[name_m]Gileon[/name_m]
Archilleo
[name_m]Emileo[/name_m]
[name_m]Galileo[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonato[/name_m]
[name_u]Leone[/name_u]
[name_m]Timoleon[/name_m]

I think [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Leon[/name_m] is so handsome! I guess it depends on how you say [name_m]Leon[/name_m]–like LEE-on or ley-OHN? I think [name_u]Elias[/name_u] ley-ohn is super handsome. :slight_smile: I think [name_m]Leo[/name_m] or [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] could honor, but I think [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Leon[/name_m] sounds better than [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m]?

Good luck!

I think just [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is nice?
[name_m]Leo[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]? It’s short but it sounds good.

How about a name that means lion? [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] would be a honor name too [name_m]Leon[/name_m] as they share the same meaning! [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] are also ones not mentioned (pretty obvious honor with these two) however I agree with the [name_m]Leonard[/name_m] or [name_m]Leonid[/name_m]!

2 Likes

Elias [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] - [name_u]Ariel[/name_u] and [name_m]Leon[/name_m] both having lion meanings?

All good points! I pronounce [name_m]Leon[/name_m] Lee-ohn in my slightly southern US accent. I think that’s why it’s clashing with [name_u]Elias[/name_u] Eh-lie-us. Maybe I need to table [name_u]Elias[/name_u] if I want to use a [name_m]Leon[/name_m] variant. I don’t care for [name_m]Leo[/name_m], not any particular reason, maybe just not unique enough for me? Maybe the stories of this person in my family have romanticised the name for me, but I dont actually care for the name? Maybe I’m over thinking it… :thinking: :laughing:

@aventurine :astonished: :exploding_head: I love that!

And, thinking about it that name honors my husband’s dear Grandmother who was born on Christmas day. “From Latin roots meaning born on Christmas” how sweet! You’re genius.

2 Likes

Elias [name_m]Leonel[/name_m]

• Leonardo

• Leopold

• Leonid

• Lennon

• Lennox

Lennon [name_u]Elias[/name_u] could work or even [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_u]Lennon[/name_u]! :slight_smile:

Could you do [name_u]Noel[/name_u], which is [name_m]Leon[/name_m] backwards? I like the other suggestions of a lion-themed name too.

My Grandpa’s name is [name_m]Leon[/name_m], and my mom named my little brother [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] to honor him. We call him [name_m]Leo[/name_m] for short though. :slight_smile:

Leon is cute! Also like:
[name_u]Levi[/name_u]
[name_m]Lev[/name_m]
[name_m]Levon[/name_m]
[name_m]Leonardo[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m]