Honor name of Winnona

Hello all!

My mom named me after her best friend (the kind who is and always has been), and I’m hoping to continue that tradition on.

However, I’d prefer to not name a child EXACTLY the name of my BFF but rather a name that could possibly share similar nicknames. I call her either [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] or [name_u]Wyn[/name_u].

I’ve pondered [name_f]Elowen[/name_f] but it doesn’t work with the correct pronunciation and I wouldn’t feel comfortable using a name without using the correct pronunciation.

Any ideas? The only issue is I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Winnifred[/name_f] which I know is the next option. Mostly because the middle name I have set for this honor name is [name_f]Frances[/name_f].

Thank you!

Here’s some ideas for you!

Winslow
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Winika[/name_f]
[name_f]Winslet[/name_f]
[name_f]Arianwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Anwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]

1 Like

Trying to avoid repeats, maybe…
[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] / [name_f]Gwenda[/name_f] / [name_f]Gwenna[/name_f] / [name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] etc. ([name_f]Gwen[/name_f]/Gwyn/Wendy nicknames sound like [name_u]Wyn[/name_u])
[name_u]Windsor[/name_u]
[name_f]Winsome[/name_f]
[name_f]Olwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Bronwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Mairwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Rhoswen[/name_f]
[name_u]Whitney[/name_u]

From the end of her name, maybe [name_f]Nona[/name_f] or [name_f]Nina[/name_f]?

1 Like

Thank you! She’ll likely be aunt [name_f]Nona[/name_f] so I’m trying to stay away from that too much. I hadn’t thought about [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]! Thank you

1 Like

There’s also [name_f]Branwen[/name_f] and Rhianwen!

1 Like

How about [name_f]Willa[/name_f] or [name_f]Wylda[/name_f] or [name_f]Nina[/name_f]

1 Like

I don’t know why this hasn’t been suggested but… [name_f]Wendy[/name_f]?

On that same note, [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f]

1 Like

I think [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] nn [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] would be nice!

1 Like

I had this name on the list originally! I can’t remember if it just go beat out by another or what. Thank you for suggesting it again :blush:

1 Like

Gwendoyln ‘[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]’
[name_f]Eilonwy[/name_f] ‘[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]’
Wihelmina ‘[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]’

1 Like

Bronwyn [name_f]Frances[/name_f] “[name_u]Wynn[/name_u]” “[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]”

1 Like