Honor Name?

We are working on finding names that honor family members. Would Maren be an appropriate honor name for Mark?

Open to other suggestions!

• Yes!
  • Maybe so
  • No!

0 voters

Hmmmmm maybe

[name_f]Marcia[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcy[/name_f]
[name_f]Marsha[/name_f]

1 Like

Works for me :woman_shrugging: maybe with a K middle name to reinforce it.

Marcelline, [name_u]Marlow[/name_u], [name_f]Marla[/name_f], [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Marsha[/name_f] came to mind too

1 Like

The answer to this question varies depending on how you feel. Some people only consider it to be an honour name if you use the actual name, whereas others are content with using a reference to the person being honoured. For me, [name_f]Maren[/name_f] does work to honour [name_m]Mark[/name_m] but if possible, I would definitely let [name_m]Mark[/name_m] know that you have chosen to honour him so that he knows for sure. Sometimes an honour name is the person’s birth month, favourite flower, a maiden name, etc. so there is a wide variety of ‘honour’ name styles.

2 Likes

It’s a sweet name to [name_u]Honor[/name_u] [name_m]Mark[/name_m].
Other names I think will be a nice name to honor [name_m]Mark[/name_m] are:

[name_f]Marcie[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcella[/name_f]
[name_f]Marcia[/name_f]
[name_f]Markita[/name_f]

1 Like

Yes! Although the meaning is different.

I would also consider [name_f]Macy[/name_f] or [name_f]Marissa[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite would be [name_f]Marsaili[/name_f] though.

Someone below suggested [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] and I like that as a closer connection to Mark!! But [name_f]Maren[/name_f] is still a beautiful name, and if it makes the connection to [name_m]Mark[/name_m] for you, that’s what matters!

1 Like