Honoring an Ann

[name]Both[/name] of my grandmothers’ middle names were [name]Ann[/name]/[name]Anne[/name]. Most of the top first names on my list for girls end in -a which I don’t think flows well with [name]Anne[/name] as the middle name. Any other creative suggestions for honoring a relative named [name]Ann[/name]/[name]Anne[/name]?

You could use [name]Anna[/name]/[name]Anya[/name]/[name]Annika[/name]/[name]Anita[/name] or another one of [name]Anne[/name]'s more exotic variants in the first place for a start. You could also use [name]Hannah[/name] as a mn, which is the Hebrew form of [name]Anne[/name]. But that still sounds very A-ish.
Good luck :slight_smile:

[name]Ann[/name] means “grace” so instead of the middle name [name]Ann[/name], you could use [name]Grace[/name]. I have thought of this many times because I have many Anns and a [name]Grace[/name] in my family. I think of them as being interchangeable. Same with [name]Susannah[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name]. They mean the same thing: lily.

You could always use [name]Anne[/name], [name]Anna[/name], [name]Anneliese[/name], [name]Annabelle[/name], or [name]Anastasia[/name] as a first name, but if you’d like to honor [name]Anne[/name] in the middle, here are some more ideas:

(Note: Most of these end with an A, so I’m not sure they’re much help!)

[name]Diana[/name] (contains the sound ann)
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Julianne[/name] (I think this is pretty…)
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Joanne[/name] (not stylish…)
[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Susanne[/name]
[name]Vivianne[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

My name is [name]Julianne[/name], so I’m a bit bias, but I like my name!

I just heard someone named Kerianne and I really like that too!