🐚 Honoring Ann & Kay

Kai is definitely on my list for [name_u]Kay[/name_u]. [name_m]Kaydin[/name_m] may work. Thank you.

I’m liking [name_m]Kanaan[/name_m] and [name_m]Anker[/name_m]. [name_m]Kayne[/name_m] fits too. I had thought of [name_f]Jayne[/name_f] for a girl combining [name_u]Jeanne[/name_u] and [name_u]Kay[/name_u], but it didn’t occur to me about [name_m]Kayne[/name_m] for [name_u]Kay[/name_u] and [name_f]Ann[/name_f].

1 Like

@Hollyrow [name_m]Keane[/name_m] and [name_m]Kian[/name_m] may work.

@anon25197097 [name_f]My[/name_f] family has a fair bit of Irish… one side is only 3 generations out from being 100% Irish (some of my great-grandparents were Irish immigrants). These are great and would combine everything together.

@voughtlori and @Skyella_8 I forgot about [name_u]Kieran[/name_u]

@mermuse [name_u]Kaye[/name_u] may work, but it’s not my favourite. [name_m]Hank[/name_m] and [name_m]Kane[/name_m] would definitely be ones to look at.

@LynnG So many names. I’m liking [name_m]Kayan[/name_m] for sure. I haven’t heard of all of the others, so I’ll have to look at them.

3 Likes

I like it. I’ll have to see.

Keynes is a famous economist.
I’d like to upvote [name_u]Kayden[/name_u] as well!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Kane[/name_m]. Or what about using the initials A & K as first and middle? Like… [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_u]Kyle[/name_u]?

Kaysan - meaning is wise.
https://www.names.org/n/kaysan/about#associations

Kaian

[name_f]Anka[/name_f] (last name).

Anka: Name Meaning and Origin - SheKnows.

Kinnan. It’s a Scottish name - a variant of Kinnon.

1 Like

@pamjsg991 I love [name_f]Anka[/name_f] and Kaian. Kinnan and Kaysan are interesting. I love the meaning of Kaysan. Thank you.

@Summs I’ll have to look at using initials. Right now I don’t have any male first names beginning with A that I like enough to use. I have a couple of C names that have a K variation I could possibly use. It may be an idea to look at.

@LynnG Thank you for the info. I had forgotten about the economist.

2 Likes

How about taking the K as a capital, using an from [name_f]Ann[/name_f] and putting i (‘eye’ sound) in the middle to make Kitan, rhyming with [name_m]Titan[/name_m]?

Kitan sounds like some sort of beautiful warrior to me!

1 Like

@anon68906791 I looked at [name_f]Annemieke[/name_f]. I love the look of the name. [name_f]My[/name_f] only drawback of the name is the pronunciation. From what I have found, the second part of the name, [name_f]Mieke[/name_f], is pronounced Mee-kah. That is the pronunciation of my dog’s name, spelled Mꬴka. Too close for comfort as it would feel like I was naming my child for my dog, but [name_f]Annemieke[/name_f] has been added to my gp list.

@EdgeOfTheMeadow I love the look and sound of Kitan. I’ll be adding it to the list for consideration.

1 Like