Honoring Charlie

See the results of this poll: Which spelling

Respondents: 36 (This poll is closed)

• Charlize : 23 (64%)
  • Charlise : 6 (17%)
  • Charliese: 7 (19%)

I would recommend [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]! These names can easily be shortened to [name_u]Charlie[/name_u]. Good luck! :slight_smile:

Thanks but I don’t want to call her [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and neither of those are my style.

I would go with [name_f]Charlize[/name_f]. It’s the most simple, straightforward and familiar spelling. Also, with rarer names it helps to have a celebrity/book character/etc. to connect it to and go, “it’s [name_f]Charlize[/name_f], like [name_f]Charlize[/name_f] [name_m]Theron[/name_m]”, to help people get their head around it. Other name possibilities to honour a [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] could be [name_f]Carly[/name_f], [name_u]Marley[/name_u], [name_u]Harley[/name_u], [name_f]Carlene[/name_f], or [name_f]Charlene[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Charlise[/name_f].

I voted for [name_f]Charlize[/name_f], but I like [name_f]Charlise[/name_f] too. In the middle spot, I think you can be a little more creative with the spelling than you might be with a first name because people won’t have to spell it on the regular.

On a pronunciation note, I’d probably pronounce [name_f]Charlize[/name_f] with more of a Z sound.

That’s true, thank you!