Honoring Grandmother

I’m naming my baby after my grandmother (Linda Sue) I love the name Linda but husband has too many Lynn names in his family. Plus, my name is Lindsay so I think that it would be too similar to mine as well. Neither of us are fond of Sue. The middle name will be Alexandra or Alexandria.

What are some names that could honor her? All ideas would be greatly appreciated!

[name_f]Melinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Kalinda[/name_f]
[name_f]Belinda[/name_f]
Sussanah
[name_f]Emmaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Lenora[/name_f] (has the [name_f]Lin[/name_f] sounds but different than [name_u]Lindsay[/name_u])

And my favorite : Lucinda

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandira[/name_f] or
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] are my favorites

[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]
or
Suelyn [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] are the only names I can think of.

I like [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Melinda[/name_f] but both seem like a mouthfull with the middle name [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f].

[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
(L N and A from [name_f]Linda[/name_f] with the U from sue!)

Did [name_f]Linda[/name_f] [name_f]Sue[/name_f] have a favourite colour, flower, tree or place that you may be able to use to honour her?

Ooh I love [name_f]Luna[/name_f]! I think a shorter name works best with [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] or [name_f]Alexandria[/name_f] in the middle, lovely though some of the above long suggestions are.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about:

[name_f]Elin[/name_f]
[name_f]Lise[/name_f] or [name_f]Lisette[/name_f] (Li- from [name_f]Linda[/name_f] and s from [name_f]Sue[/name_f])
[name_f]Linette[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Linah[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f] or [name_f]Linna[/name_f]
[name_f]Aislinn[/name_f] ([name_u]ASH[/name_u]-lin)
[name_f]Caitlin[/name_f]
[name_f]Joslin[/name_f]
[name_f]Roslin[/name_f]
[name_u]Linden[/name_u]
[name_f]Selene[/name_f] or [name_f]Celine[/name_f]

@entangler [name_f]Luna[/name_f] is a great idea! I’ll share it with my husband. And my grandmother’s favorite place was [name_f]Italy[/name_f]. Her father came from [name_f]Italy[/name_f]. That’s another cool way to honor her, I’m gonna have to do some research :slight_smile:

[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] would be gorgeous!

Husband vetoed [name_f]Luna[/name_f]. Ugh, back to square one!

I love [name_f]Melinda[/name_f].

[name_f]Callista[/name_f] and [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] have the same meaning as [name_f]Linda[/name_f] (beautiful).

What about [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]? Such a lovely name. [name_f]Rosalinda[/name_f] is the Italian form.

I’ve always thought of [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] as a similar name.

You could also do L names that are Italian: [name_f]Leonora[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] or [name_f]Luciana[/name_f], [name_f]Leandra[/name_f], [name_f]Luisa[/name_f], [name_f]Lucrezia[/name_f]. Honoring a relative by giving a name that starts with the same initial is a tradition in some places, and making it Italian would honor her in another way as well.

[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Leandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Melinda[/name_f] is a great name, but I’m a bit biased. :wink:

[name_f]Susanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Susanne[/name_f]
[name_f]Suzette[/name_f]
[name_f]Susie[/name_f]
[name_f]Susan[/name_f]
[name_f]Zuzanna[/name_f]