Honoring Grandmother

I dream of honoring family with names, but my paternal grandmother is [name_f]Shirley[/name_f] [name_f]Bonita[/name_f]. I can’t figure out a way to honor her. I’ve looked at names with similar meanings and like a few, but my husband won’t agree on any. Any suggestions would be welcome. ((Fun fact: My grandfather was [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Clyde[/name_m], so my grandparents were [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] and [name_m]Clyde[/name_m].))

You could:

• use her initials, SB (like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f])
    • use one of her names as a third middle
    • use [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
    • use [name_u]Lee[/name_u] or [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] ([name_f]Shirley[/name_f] means bright clearing or bright meadow. [name_u]Lee[/name_u] means clearing.)

My grandma’s name was [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f], and we heavily considered [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] for my daughter (who ended up being [name_f]Betsy[/name_f] instead). I think [name_f]Bonnie[/name_f] is great- especially if you watch [name_m]Toy[/name_m] [name_u]Story[/name_u] 3 over and over again. :wink:

You could also use unconventional ways to honor her… her favorite flower, her birth month, a nickname she had for you, etc.

Names that sound very similar are [name_f]Cheryl[/name_f], [name_f]Sherry[/name_f] and [name_f]Nita[/name_f].

[name_f]Bonnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nita[/name_f]
[name_f]Anita[/name_f]
[name_u]Leigh[/name_u]
[name_f]Lea[/name_f]
[name_u]Shelley[/name_u]
[name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
[name_f]Hayley[/name_f]
[name_u]Marley[/name_u]