Honoring Linda Ann

What do you think of the name [name_f]Linette[/name_f] to honor [name_f]Linda[/name_f]? I like [name_f]Lynette[/name_f] too but doesn’t it seem dated? I don’t know it looks pretty to me too. I’m open to [name_f]Lynne[/name_f] but its a bit meh?
Thoughts on [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Linette[/name_f] or [name_f]Leora[/name_f]/[name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Ariella[/name_f]. Either way baby is going by [name_f]Ariella[/name_f]. Any other ideas for [name_f]Linda[/name_f] that sound good with [name_f]Ariella[/name_f]?

[name_f]Linette[/name_f] is pretty - I’d expect her to be a little older, yes, but the name itself is very light and feminine. [name_f]Linnet[/name_f] is a more streamlined option (pronounced [name_f]LIN[/name_f]-it), which is a bird name along the lines of [name_u]Wren[/name_u] or [name_f]Lark[/name_f] - very modern.

Other ideas:

[name_u]Linden[/name_u]
[name_f]Lianne[/name_f]/[name_f]Lianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
Linnhe ([name_f]LIN[/name_f]-ee - Scottish loch name)
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]

Hm, I do love [name_f]Liora[/name_f]…

[name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Linette[/name_f] has a great flow, if you’re going for a more direct route. I do find [name_f]Linette[/name_f] dated, but I don’t think matters in the middle. I suppose it is a different style to your other children’s middles though… just a thought.

Another idea is Linley [name_f]Ariella[/name_f], which I actually really like; it sounds really pretty and has a nicer flow than [name_f]Leora[/name_f] [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] (which I’m aware doesn’t really matter, but still :P).

Sorry for my scrambled thoughts!! I personally think there’s something rather special about [name_f]Leora[/name_f]/[name_f]Liora[/name_f] though! Good luck x

[name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Lynette[/name_f] is really pretty

[name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Lynnette[/name_f] is gorgeous imo :slight_smile:

I agree with you that the [name_f]Linette[/name_f] spelling seems more modern and younger somehow. [name_f]Lynette[/name_f] definitely feels more dated. I agree with pp the [name_f]Linnet[/name_f] - with emphasis on first syllable - is a lovely option.

[name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Linette[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Linette[/name_f] to honor [name_f]Linda[/name_f]. [name_u]Linden[/name_u] works for [name_f]Linda[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Arielle[/name_f]? You could also try a name ending with -lind or -linda, such as [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] or [name_f]Melinda[/name_f].

What came to mind to honour [name_f]Linda[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] is [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f].
[name_f]Ariella[/name_f] sounds like areola to me ._. lol

I actually find [name_f]Lynette[/name_f] to be really refreshing, I think it’s time for a comeback. I love [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Lynette[/name_f]! I also love [name_f]Leora[/name_f] but I don’t think it goes very well with [name_f]Ariella[/name_f]–too many repeated sounds. I also really like the suggestion of [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] [name_f]Ariella[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Lynette[/name_f], everything comes back in style eventually. [name_f]Linnet[/name_f] and Lindan could work as well.

[name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Lynette[/name_f] is wonderful! I’ve always loved [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] and [name_f]Ariela[/name_f]. [name_f]Lynette[/name_f] doesn’t strike me as terribly dated, but then again I’m not from the US. I do know a little American girl (about 4/5 years old) who has [name_f]Lynette[/name_f] for a middle name for family reasons. I don’t think supposed datedness matters much in a middle name… I have (a foreign variant of) [name_f]Gertrude[/name_f] for one of my middle names, and as a kid I hated it! However, now I’m older I can appreciate the connection to my grandmother that lies in that name.

I agree [name_f]Lynette[/name_f] needs a comeback,I am loving it more and more. Not too muddy the waters more but im thinking of adding a second middle name to also honor my mother. Our kids names honor just other relatives and this is our last so id like to honor both grandmas.

Babys hebrew name is [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Liora[/name_f] ( This name is most important and meaningful and quite set) with that decided i was thinking [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Lynette[/name_f] but also pondering [name_f]Liora[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I would prrfer to call her [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] but also like [name_f]Liora[/name_f]. Anyone have ideas for a c name that honors a charity and works with [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] Lynnete[name_f]Linette[/name_f][name_f]Lynne[/name_f].

Is Ariella Linnea Charlotte terrible? Im okay with family connection rrumping flow of a name somewhat but if its terrible i want ro know.

[name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Linette[/name_f] is very pretty. I also second [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Lianne[/name_f].

I think [name_u]Linden[/name_u] is such a unique and beautiful name to honor an Aunt [name_f]Linda[/name_f]. [name_u]Linden[/name_u] [name_f]Ariella[/name_f] looks and sounds beautiful!

[name_u]Linden[/name_u] is gorgeous but surname is similar :frowning:

[name_f]Ariella[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] would be beautiful and it used most of the name [name_f]Linda[/name_f] without sounding dated. [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is a very classic vintage Shakesperian choice.