Honoring My Mom

If I have a girl I would like to honor my mother some way. Problem is, I really dislike my mom’s name. Her name is [name]Rebecca[/name] and she goes by [name]Becky[/name]. Her middle name is [name]Mae[/name], which I do like, but ehhh… So I wanted to come to you berries, to ask for your help.

[name]How[/name] can I honor [name]Rebecca[/name] without actually using [name]Rebecca[/name]. (I don’t like [name]Becca[/name] or [name]Reba[/name])

Could you use her maiden name as a middle name (especially for a son?) We did this with my 2nd child. Or obviously [name]Mae[/name] is an easy and nice middle name for a daughter.

You could use [name]Mae[/name] as a middle name, or use your mother’s initials. Example: Rebecca Mae becomes Romilly Meadow or Rosalind Mae or Rhiannon Margo or Rose Matilda or Rosa Margaret or Ruby Mirabel etc.
:slight_smile:

What about honoring her if you have a boy- do [name]Beckett[/name] or [name]Beccan[/name] or something? You could really go to town with [name]Mae[/name], though. Use a parent name ([name]Mary[/name] or [name]Margaret[/name]) or any variation thereof:
[name]Megan[/name] (because it’s pronounced [name]MAY[/name]-gan, and is a variant of [name]Margaret[/name])
[name]Mae[/name]ve
[name]Mae[/name]lys
[name]Mae[/name]lle
[name]Marielle[/name]/a
[name]Miriam[/name]
[name]Mariam[/name]
[name]Maija[/name]
[name]Malia[/name]
[name]Maira[/name]
[name]Manon[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Maria[/name]
[name]Marika[/name]
[name]Marion[/name]
[name]Moira[/name]
[name]Maura[/name]
[name]Margo[/name]

The reason I don’t want to use [name]Mae[/name] is because my Aunts name is [name]Mae[/name] on my father’s side and I don’t really like her.

My mother’s maiden name is Cox. My mind naturally just goes there… To the dirty place. Ha.

I really like [name]Rose[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]! That is a cool idea of using the initials.

I welcome even more ideas!

Thanks

YOU CAN NAME HER FRIDAY!! ([name]JUST[/name] KIDDING)

My suggestions?
Other variant forms of [name]Rebecca[/name] such as
Rivilee
[name]Rivkah[/name]
[name]Revekka[/name]
[name]Rivi[/name]
[name]Beathag[/name] (scottish)

Names that mean the same thing as [name]Rebecca[/name]
Gomati (nn [name]Mattie[/name]?)
Aditi (nn [name]Addy[/name])
Gopi

As for [name]Mae[/name]: