Honoring Patrick and Patricia

Not pregnant yet just trying. So DH and I each have dear friends who’ve become part of our chosen family. [name]Patrick[/name] goes by [name]Pat[/name] and [name]Patricia[/name] goes by [name]Patty[/name]. We know that they will be part of our children’s lives. Honoring people as namesakes is very important to DH and as I’m not really up for a son to be the fourth. We both thought since their names are similar we could honor two people with one name. We originally thought [name]Patrick[/name] would be fine and we could use [name]Rick[/name] or PJ as nn. We still both like [name]Patrick[/name] but would like any other ideas or suggestions you might come up with to honor these two with the name for our possible future son.

I love [name]Patrick[/name] for a boy, it’s classic but not stuffy. Other options?

Girls:
[name]Patia[/name]
[name]Patience[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]

Boys:
[name]Patterson[/name]
[name]Paxton[/name]

I am going to suggest a different name. Patrinia. I stumbled upon this flower name earlier. Possible NN’s [name]Nia[/name], [name]Trinity[/name], [name]Trina[/name], [name]Rina[/name], and [name]Nina[/name].

Stick with [name]Patrick[/name] (not [name]Rick[/name] - it sounds too 1980’s. [name]Trust[/name] me I was there). [name]Patrick[/name] is very confident.

I loooove [name]Patrick[/name] for a boy!

I don’t love [name]Patricia[/name], what about [name]Patrice[/name]?

[name]Padraig[/name] would make a good middle name for a boy.