Honoring Peter

Hello all,

I’m looking for some names that are somehow related to/will honor [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. I’ve looked at international variations and other names with the same meaning briefly…I’m hoping those of you that know more about names than I do can help. They do not have to be boy names.

Thank you in advance.

Making it into a surname type name by using [name_m]Peterson[/name_m] could modernise it if you enjoy that style of name. I personally think it’s very cute and sort of preppy

[name_m]Petro[/name_m]
[name_m]Peteris[/name_m]
Peteri
[name_m]Piero[/name_m]
[name_m]Peadair[/name_m]
[name_m]Pietro[/name_m]
[name_m]Pierre[/name_m]
Pier
[name_m]Piet[/name_m]
[name_m]Petros[/name_m]
Are some of the less obvious variations of the name

I also like the more well known Pearse and [name_m]Pedro[/name_m]

I think honouring names based on meaning are a bit loose but the meaning “[name_m]Rock[/name_m]” could give you [name_m]Cairn[/name_m], [name_m]Ferris[/name_m], [name_m]Callan[/name_m], [name_m]Brock[/name_m] and [name_m]Rocco[/name_m] as options

Hmm…names with similar sound/same origin:

If it’s a boy…
[name_m]Pierce[/name_m]
[name_m]Pete[/name_m]
[name_m]Pedro[/name_m]

If it’s a girl…
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_f]Petrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Petunia[/name_f]
[name_f]Pedra[/name_f]
[name_f]Peta[/name_f] (maybe even [name_f]Petal[/name_f])

Other names with same or similar meaning (rock):
[name_m]Craig[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m]
[name_m]Callan[/name_m]
[name_u]Calder[/name_u]
[name_m]Caledon[/name_m]
[name_f]Alana[/name_f]
[name_f]Cela[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps! :slight_smile:

You could use [name_m]Simon[/name_m]- before the apostle [name_m]Peter[/name_m] was called [name_m]Peter[/name_m], he was named [name_m]Simon[/name_m], so that could be a nice tie.

Other options:

Boys: [name_m]Rocco[/name_m], [name_m]Caledon[/name_m], [name_m]Pedro[/name_m], [name_m]Petro[/name_m], [name_u]Calder[/name_u], [name_m]Ferris[/name_m], [name_m]Piero[/name_m], [name_m]Piers[/name_m], [name_u]Seneca[/name_u], [name_f]Armel[/name_f], [name_m]Eben[/name_m] / [name_u]Eban[/name_u], [name_f]Ishi[/name_f], [name_u]Mason[/name_u], [name_m]Haldor[/name_m], [name_m]Halston[/name_m], [name_m]Pello[/name_m], [name_m]Sten[/name_m], [name_m]Wystan[/name_m].

Girls: [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_f]Pedra[/name_f], [name_f]Cella[/name_f], [name_u]Seneca[/name_u], [name_f]Tara[/name_f], [name_f]Alana[/name_f], [name_f]Armel[/name_f], [name_f]Ishi[/name_f], [name_f]Charra[/name_f], [name_f]Izusa[/name_f], [name_f]Ione[/name_f], any gemstone name.

What about names that aren’t connected to [name_m]Peter[/name_m], but start with the same letters?

Like:
[name_f]Petrona[/name_f]
Petronel
[name_f]Petronia[/name_f]
[name_f]Petronella[/name_f]/[name_f]Petronela[/name_f]
[name_f]Petronilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Petunia[/name_f]
[name_f]Petula[/name_f]

It’s not a legit first name, but I think [name_f]Petrova[/name_f] could work as a middle. If you can’t find a [name_m]Peter[/name_m] name you like, what about this persons last name or middle name?

Personally I love [name_m]Pyotr[/name_m]/[name_m]Piotr[/name_m], the Russian and Polish form of the name.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

His middle name was [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], so that could be used also.

[name_u]Perrin[/name_u] (this website has is as a variation of [name_u]Perry[/name_u] for a girl, but for a boy a variation of [name_m]Peter[/name_m]–I have always heard it was a female variation of [name_m]Peter[/name_m]).
[name_m]Perkin[/name_m]/[name_m]Perkins[/name_m] is a variation of [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]
[name_m]Stone[/name_m]
[name_m]Thurston[/name_m] ([name_m]Thor[/name_m]'s stone)
[name_m]Callan[/name_m] (battle rock)
Carrick (rock)
[name_m]Eben[/name_m] (stone)
[name_m]Pekelo[/name_m] (Hawaiian variation of [name_m]Peter[/name_m])
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] (wine rock/joyful stone)
[name_m]Flint[/name_m]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] (rock)
[name_m]Buxton[/name_m] (boulders that touch rock)
[name_u]Mason[/name_u]

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] is lovely! If you don’t end using either name I think using the initals P.T could work also. [name_m]How[/name_m] do you feel about [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f], [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f], [name_m]Tomas[/name_m], [name_m]Tavish[/name_m] or [name_u]Toma[/name_u]?

Thanks again for the suggestions so far!

From what you have all suggested, my favorites are:

*[name_m]Simon[/name_m] (I love that connection…I had thought of that but wasn’t sure if people would know how it was related to [name_m]Peter[/name_m].)
[name_m]Rocco[/name_m]
[name_m]Pierce[/name_m]
[name_f]Pedra[/name_f]
[name_f]Petra[/name_f]
[name_m]Craig[/name_m]
[name_f]Cela[/name_f]
*[name_m]Piers[/name_m]
[name_f]Tara[/name_f]
[name_u]Toma[/name_u]

I think the initials of P.T. could work also. I might play around with that a bit.

For a girl I would use [name_f]Petrova[/name_f], like in Ballet Shoes.