?Honoring someone without using the name

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries! I’d love to honor my best friend with my girl’s middle name, but not use her actual name, and I’m having trouble getting creative! Maybe something with a related meaning or similar name? Her name is [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]. The meanings I found for [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] were just “ash tree” and [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] “people of victory” which aren’t as poetic as I’d hoped :joy: Any ideas?? Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

Well, I depends on the first name for me but maybe you could do a variation of [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] such as [name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f], [name_f]Ashlynn[/name_f], [name_f]Ashlin[/name_f] or even just [name_u]Ash[/name_u]. For [name_f]Nicole[/name_f], you could use [name_f]Colette[/name_f].

2 Likes

[name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f] / [name_f]Aisling[/name_f]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u]
[name_f]Asha[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_u]Nikki[/name_u]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Nicola[/name_u]
[name_u]Nikita[/name_u]

3 Likes

For [name_f]Nicole[/name_f], you could take the “victory” part of the meaning and use [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Victoire[/name_f], or [name_u]Victory[/name_u] itself.

For [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], maybe another similar sounding name like [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u], [name_u]Ashby[/name_u], or [name_f]Ensley[/name_f]?

2 Likes

Victory/Victorie
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f] - She who brings [name_u]Victory[/name_u]
Colette/Nicolette - People of victory
[name_f]Ailsa[/name_f] - elf victory
[name_f]Sia[/name_f] - [name_u]Victory[/name_u]
Cleo/Clio - [name_f]Glory[/name_f]
Signe/Signy - [name_u]New[/name_u] victory
[name_f]Sigrid[/name_f] - Fair victory
[name_f]Bernice[/name_f] - She who brings victory
[name_f]Eunice[/name_f] - Good victory
[name_f]Jaya[/name_f] - victory
[name_f]Kinsey[/name_f] - Kings victory

3 Likes

[name_u]Ash[/name_u]
[name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_f]Asha[/name_f]
[name_u]Or[/name_u] you could go with another type of tree like [name_u]Aspen[/name_u], [name_u]Oak[/name_u], [name_u]Cedar[/name_u], [name_u]Birch[/name_u], [name_m]Beech[/name_m], [name_u]Spruce[/name_u]

[name_u]Nicky[/name_u]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Colie[/name_m]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_u]Coco[/name_u]
[name_u]Or[/name_u] going based off of “victory” you could use [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_f]Glory[/name_f] / [name_f]Gloria[/name_f], or even just [name_u]Victory[/name_u] / [name_f]Victorie[/name_f]

I also found that the name [name_f]Ashanti[/name_f] is related to power and victory, so it combines the elements of [name_u]Ash[/name_u]- and the victory meaning into one name.

2 Likes

[name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]

1 Like

I love honour names. The berries have suggested a few great ones. Maybe you could honour her with using her favourite name , or input on a name , using her birth month or gem [name_m]Stone[/name_m]

Maybe she grew up on a street with a really cool name or you share a love for a city or band / show

I love [name_u]Nicola[/name_u] , [name_u]Nicky[/name_u] , [name_m]Cole[/name_m] , [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u], [name_u]Ashby[/name_u] , Ashbrooke , [name_f]Asha[/name_f]

4 Likes

to honor [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] i’d honestly use any name that starts with [name_u]Ash[/name_u], like the others already suggested like [name_u]Asher[/name_u], [name_u]Ashton[/name_u], [name_f]Ashleigh[/name_f], Ashani, [name_f]Ashira[/name_f], [name_f]Asha[/name_f], [name_f]Ashleen[/name_f], [name_f]Ashling[/name_f] or any name that means ash tree

and to honor [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] maybe something like [name_u]Nikki[/name_u], [name_u]Nikita[/name_u], [name_m]Cole[/name_m], [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Coletta[/name_f], etc

1 Like

What about using a name that begins with “An” for [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f]?

[name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Annamarie[/name_f]

etc.

1 Like

What about something about her? Her favorite flower, favorite season, favorite place, place she was born, place you guys met, school she went to, favorite animal, celebrity she looks up to, etc. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_u]Dallas[/name_u] or [name_u]Winter[/name_u] could be cute names to honor some of her favorite things.

2 Likes

Like some others have suggested already, you can use a more creative honor name if you aren’t finding anything you like that is directly related to her name. For instance, my daughter’s middle name is [name_u]Florence[/name_u]. It’s after my great grandfather who used to travel to [name_u]Florence[/name_u] [name_f]Italy[/name_f] often to study and create art. It makes me think of him and also represents that artistic ability that he passed down, which is really important to me. I also love the idea of using birth month stones or flowers. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandmother’s birth flower is a [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and I have always wanted to use it on a little girl. What are your friends hobbies? Where was she born? In what month? There are so many different options when you open it up to more than just her name. Good luck!

1 Like

[name_u]Ashley[/name_u] Nicole…

[name_u]Sasha[/name_u]
[name_f]Asha[/name_f]
[name_f]Aya[/name_f]
[name_f]Ayana[/name_f]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_f]Nixie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ashlyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Ashton[/name_u]
Ani/Annie
[name_f]Annelie[/name_f]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Ally[/name_f]
[name_u]Aster[/name_u]
[name_u]Coco[/name_u]
[name_f]Leyna[/name_f]

nico or colette

These are lovely ideas, thank you!

I would suggest using a name that starts with A and N.
or using a name that has special meaning to your friend such as: Home town, place where you met, favorite color, month she was born, favorite flower, occupation, birth stone, season she was born.
or names with similar meanings as [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] and [name_f]Nicole[/name_f].

Really any name that makes you think of your friend and smile could be considered an honor name. [name_m]Just[/name_m] have fun with it and maybe include your friend in the process.

The name Natasha comes to mind because it incorporates the N in Nicole and the ‘ash’ in Ashley!!

1 Like

I agree with @Ehrob1 maybe something that triggers a memory of her, a place you two like, her middle name, etc. I love the birth stone or favorite flower suggestions.

You could do Ashlynn or Nicola?
Names that have a relation to the meanings: Aspen, Victoria.

I met a little girl named Nashley or [name_f]Nashly[/name_f] (can’t remember) and it means people of victory and gift of God. It combines [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] and [name_f]Nicole[/name_f] perfectly!