Honoring the grandpas Floyd and Lyle

Hello Berries!
My grandpas names are [name_u]Lyle[/name_u] and [name_m]Adelbert[/name_m] [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]. I like [name_m]Adelbert[/name_m] but it’s a little too old for my taste so I’m moving into [name_m]Floyd[/name_m]. I would like to find a way to honor both with one name- like a combo or variation, maybe something with the same meaning.
I just don’t really like the names but I love the men and want to find a happy medium.
Thank you,
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]

[name_m]Lloyd[/name_m] was the first name I thought of -has a similar meaning and sound to [name_m]Floyd[/name_m] and shares letters with [name_u]Lyle[/name_u]

[name_m]Adelbert[/name_m] means [name_m]Noble[/name_m] - that shares an end with [name_u]Lyle[/name_u]?
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m] [name_m]Noble[/name_m]? [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Noble[/name_m]?

[name_u]Lyle[/name_u] means island- as do [name_m]Rodney[/name_m], [name_u]Ellery[/name_u], and [name_u]Rylan[/name_u]/[name_m]Ryland[/name_m]

[name_m]Floyd[/name_m] means grey - so [name_u]Gray[/name_u]/[name_u]Grey[/name_u] might be an option. Also [name_m]Grayson[/name_m].

[name_u]Rylan[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]? [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] [name_m]Lloyd[/name_m]?

Names with similar sounds:

[name_m]Floyd[/name_m]:
[name_m]Ford[/name_m]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Boyd[/name_m]

[name_u]Lyle[/name_u]:
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_u]Kyle[/name_u]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_u]Lionel[/name_u]

I love [name_u]Elias[/name_u] [name_m]Noble[/name_m] and [name_m]Lysander[/name_m]. I didn’t realize [name_m]Floyd[/name_m] meant [name_u]Gray[/name_u] but that’s perfect because [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] is my top boy choice rn.
Thank you!

I think [name_m]Grayson[/name_m] [name_m]Noble[/name_m] would be so handsome!

I love the suggestion of [name_m]Noble[/name_m]! Another thought if they perhaps have their birthdays in the months of [name_u]August[/name_u] or [name_u]March[/name_u], maybe they both love the outdoors so a name referring to that, or a birthstone (as in [name_f]Garnet[/name_f] for [name_u]January[/name_u]).

@Whitegardenia
I really like that idea! I would’ve never thought of that! Thank you!

If you take both of their meanings, you can derive the name “Greyland”; pretty similar to [name_m]Greyson[/name_m]/[name_m]Grayson[/name_m] but a bit more distinct. I also adore [name_u]Lyle[/name_u], for what it’s worth :slight_smile: