Honouring Mom

Looking for some suggestions… My Mom, who is my best friend and the best Mom ever, is named Andrea. While it suits her, it’s definitely not my taste/style. Are there any names I’m not thinking of that I could use to honour how much she means to me that aren’t just Andy/Drea? We won’t be finding out until birth so ideas for both boy and girl would be great!

4 Likes

[name_f]Andee[/name_f], [name_m]Ander[/name_m], [name_u]Andi[/name_u], Andraz, [name_m]Andrei[/name_m], [name_f]Andromeda[/name_f], or [name_m]Anduin[/name_m] are some of my favorites. You could also consider a different type of honor name-- naming your child after a hobby/favorite object of your mom?

4 Likes

Any [name_f]Ann[/name_f] name would work imo.

1 Like

anna as well as another ann- name! rhea would be particularly sweet! :two_hearts: andrew + andriette also sprang to mind.

does your mom have a middle name you could use, or derive from? favorites also work as well - if she was born in may, for instance, mae/may would be a great honor!

3 Likes

I think any “Ander” name would work well. Some ideas…
Alexander/Alexandra
Cassander/Cassandra
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_u]Leander[/name_u]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
[name_m]Xander[/name_m]

[name_u]Drew[/name_u] is also cute!

2 Likes

Andrea…

[name_f]Leandra[/name_f]
[name_u]Leander[/name_u]
[name_f]Rhea[/name_f]
[name_m]Anders[/name_m]
[name_u]Anderson[/name_u]
[name_m]Ansel[/name_m]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexandria[/name_f]
[name_f]Adriana[/name_f]
[name_u]Adrian[/name_u]
[name_f]Adelyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Drew[/name_u]
[name_m]Andrew[/name_m]
[name_u]Aria[/name_u]
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Ana[/name_f]
[name_u]Dana[/name_u]
Randall/Randy
[name_u]Dane[/name_u]

3 Likes

Andrea,.

[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f] / [name_f]Anni[/name_f]
[name_f]Anaïs[/name_f]
Mirea
[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]
[name_f]Annella[/name_f]
[name_f]Annette[/name_f] / [name_f]Annetta[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] / [name_f]Anneke[/name_f]
[name_f]Annora[/name_f]
[name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Annina[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Anouk[/name_f]

[name_m]Andreas[/name_m]
[name_m]Antonio[/name_m] / [name_m]Anthony[/name_m] / [name_u]Antoine[/name_u]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] / [name_m]Alexandre[/name_m]
[name_u]Leander[/name_u] / [name_m]Leandre[/name_m]
Aleandro

1 Like

They’re kind of a stretch but Adrian/Adrienne share a lot of the sounds.

Maybe you could use a name she likes to honor her? [name_f]My[/name_f] mum is named [name_f]Elena[/name_f] but she hated it while growing up, so I want to honor her with a name she considered for me before I was born.

1 Like

This has probably been mentioned, but since [name_u]Andrea[/name_u] is the feminine form of [name_m]Andrew[/name_m], [name_u]Drew[/name_u] would work!

1 Like

How about [name_f]Ariadne[/name_f], [name_f]Antonia[/name_f], [name_m]Antony[/name_m], [name_m]Anders[/name_m], [name_m]Antonio[/name_m], [name_u]Andre[/name_u], [name_u]Andersen[/name_u]? Some of these are bound to be repeats, sorry about that. If none of the names suggested appeal to you, here are some other ideas for connecting your child’s name to your mother.
You could consider her favourite flower or animal, a hobby or star sign and research names connected to these things (or ask us Berries to do that for you, we love that sort of thing). You could use a name connected to music she likes, that means her favourite colour or place name.

1 Like

I’ve always liked the idea of using one of the person’s favorite names as a nod to them, if you want to go a completely different route!

I thought of:

[name_f]Andromeda[/name_f]
[name_f]Raya[/name_f], [name_f]Raia[/name_f], [name_f]Reya[/name_f] from the last syllable
[name_f]Anthea[/name_f]
[name_u]Andre[/name_u], [name_m]Andres[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f], [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_m]Evander[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_m]Anatole[/name_m] for a “wild card” pick

Based on similar meanings (some of these are stretches!)
[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_u]Charles[/name_u], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Dayanara[/name_f], [name_f]Daya[/name_f]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]
[name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]
[name_m]Osborn[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicanor[/name_m]
[name_m]Truman[/name_m]

1 Like

I think [name_u]Andrea[/name_u] would be a great middle named paired with something you love!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] (nn [name_u]Andi[/name_u] or Andy?) for either gender. I know of both a male and female [name_u]Anderson[/name_u]. The girl goes by [name_u]Andi[/name_u] [name_u]Lou[/name_u], I think her middle is [name_f]Lois[/name_f] after a grandmother but not positive.

I also like the suggestion of [name_u]Drew[/name_u] for either!

You could always plug it into the middle spot too.

1 Like