Honouring Murray... without using it!

• Murphey
  • [name_m]Murvyn[/name_m]
  • Moriarty
  • [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]

0 voters

Hey beautiful berries! :tulip::strawberry: I hope you’re having a great day! :blush::sunflower:

So I’m pretty sure I posted on this subject like 4 years ago or something, but our tastes have changed a bit and I’ve found some new contenders after the name we originally agreed on became boring / just didn’t feel right.

[name_u]Murray[/name_u] seems to be interpreted a few ways, but the most common / basic understanding seems to be “seaman” or “fisherman”. Based on that, I did a little digging on Google, and came across these options that have similar / related sounds and meanings:

Murphey - “sea warrior”

[name_m]Murvyn[/name_m] - “beautiful sea” / “friend of the sea”

Moriarty - “seaworthy”

[name_u]Morgan[/name_u] - “dwelling by the sea”

This will be a second or third name, most likely second if we keep the same arrangement as the female combinations we have containing honour names (that is “first name - mother’s honour name - nature name”).

I think my top contenders from this list are [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and [name_m]Murvyn[/name_m] (I really love the Y in that one, for some reason).

And discuss… :grin:

I personally prefer [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] but [name_m]Murvyn[/name_m] of your top choices are brilliant

1 Like

Murphey is my favorite! Though I personally prefer the [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] spelling. [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] would be my second pick!
[name_m]Murvyn[/name_m] is very cool too, though!

1 Like

I think Murphey is so handsome, it’s by far my favorite. It seems the most intuitive for a [name_u]Murray[/name_u] honor, and I love how bright and cheerful it sounds. [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] would be my second pick, I love [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] on boys.

1 Like

I really like [name_u]Murray[/name_u] itself but my second favorite would be [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] (I prefer this spelling too). I was tempted to pick Moriarty because I actually like the flow and it kind of reminds me of [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] and [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]. People will think you’re a big [name_m]Sherlock[/name_m] fan though. :laughing: If you don’t mind that then I think Moriarty’s kind of cool.

1 Like

I’m really liking [name_m]Murvyn[/name_m]!! [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] is also a nice way to honor [name_u]Murray[/name_u].

There’s also [name_m]Murdoch[/name_m]?

1 Like

Definitely [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] but drop the e

1 Like

Murphey is a great name! [name_u]Morgan[/name_u] and Moriarty are fantastic names to honor [name_u]Murray[/name_u] too.

1 Like

We have discussed [name_m]Murdoch[/name_m] before, but neither of us really liked the hardness of the way it sounds. I don’t mind it (it’s probably grown on me a bit though), but hubby really disliked it. :confused:

1 Like