Honouring Parents

Ok, so I have two questions which I’m hoping won’t be too long.
I am contemplating whether or not to honour my parents. My dad’s middle is my grandpa’s first, but I don’t think my mum’s named after anyone. It’s become something that a lot of people seem to be leaning towards as of late, and I was wandering if there was a really deep reason why, other than, oh, it’s my mum, oh, it’s after dad’s mum’s brother’s son’s name.
Second, if I was to use honour names, I’m not sure what names I could use to honour my parents. I’m not overly fond of using the actual name, and so, would like a resemblance of the name. My mum is [name_f]Jaqueline[/name_f] [name_f]Nicole[/name_f], and my dad is [name_u]Garry[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m].
Also, I don’t like names like [name_u]Nichola[/name_u] and [name_m]Jonathon[/name_m], because those are too similar. If you have any suggestions, that would be great.

I think it’s sweet when boys can honor the female side and girls the male side, so I included names associated with both sexes. I’m going to be using behindthename’s related names, if you are interested in seeing for yourself.

[name_f]Jaqueline[/name_f]:
[name_m]Iago[/name_m]
[name_m]Coby[/name_m]
[name_f]Jacobine[/name_f]/[name_f]Jacobina[/name_f]
Jacobus
Cobus
Jacomina
[name_f]Mina[/name_f]
[name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
[name_u]Jay[/name_u]
[name_m]Hamish[/name_m]
[name_m]Seamus[/name_m]

[name_f]Nicole[/name_f]:
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Colin[/name_m]/[name_m]Collin[/name_m]
[name_f]Nicoletta[/name_f]
[name_f]Nicolina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_u]Kay[/name_u]
[name_f]Nicolette[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_m]Niels[/name_m]/[name_m]Nils[/name_m]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]

[name_u]Garry[/name_u]:
Geir
Gervasius
[name_m]Gervais[/name_m]
[name_m]Jarvis[/name_m]

[name_m]John[/name_m] (this one is really long you might want to see here for more I may have looked over):
[name_f]Gianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_u]Jo[/name_u]
[name_f]Johanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Hanna[/name_f]
[name_u]Joan[/name_u]
Seona (name berry lists the alternate [name_f]Sheona[/name_f] as a form of [name_u]Shawn[/name_u], behindthename says it comes from [name_f]Seonag[/name_f] and is a scottish form of [name_u]Joan[/name_u])
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_f]Ivana[/name_f]
[name_m]Jovan[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Sheena[/name_f]
[name_m]Sean[/name_m]
[name_u]Shane[/name_u]
[name_f]Shauna[/name_f]
[name_m]Johan[/name_m]