Hooray! A baby to name! But I only have one boys name...

Hello Berries,
I found out yesterday that i’ve got another [name_m]Bubba[/name_m] on the way! We’re so excited! I’ve got more girls names than i know what to do with, but only one boys name that we both really love- [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]. I feel like i should broaden my list, since i’m pretty sure this will be our last baby and i don’t want to discover a name i love later on and not be able to use it. I also really like [name_u]Asa[/name_u] but hubby isn’t sure about it.

We like short, strong, unusual boys names. The middle name will either be [name_m]Edward[/name_m] or [name_u]James[/name_u] or both (I’m loving [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] atm), which are both important family names. Big sister is [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] who is usually known as [name_f]Juni[/name_f].

Any ideas? Thanks lovely Berries!

Congrats!

i love [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] as well and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is very nice :slight_smile:

Some other names that come to mind are:

[name_u]Ari[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Alaric[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Amos[/name_m] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]

Other short strong manly names i have on my list:
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Emrys[/name_m]
[name_u]Ash[/name_u]
[name_m]Cael[/name_m]
[name_m]Cato[/name_m]
[name_u]Max[/name_u]
[name_u]Jem[/name_u]
[name_m]Erik[/name_m]
[name_u]Roan[/name_u]
[name_m]Bruce[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Lance[/name_m]
[name_u]Cade[/name_u]

I like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and [name_f]Juni[/name_f], I agree with your husband on [name_u]Asa[/name_u] maybe alternative [name_m]Ace[/name_m]? altho that maybe to celebrity baby for you.

Good luck, cant wait to see what you choose :slight_smile:

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is very nice !

[name_m]Harold[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]
[name_m]Arnaud[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
Azad

I love the name [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] on a girl, especially with the nn [name_f]Juni[/name_f]. It is so cute and pretty.
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is a nice name and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] sounds handsome.
Some other short and unique names:
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]/[name_u]Flyn[/name_u]
[name_m]Tobin[/name_m]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]/[name_u]Kye[/name_u]
[name_m]Park[/name_m]
[name_m]Ford[/name_m]
[name_u]Tai[/name_u]/[name_m]Tye[/name_m]
[name_m]Kent[/name_m]
[name_m]Hayes[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaine[/name_u]
[name_u]Van[/name_u]

[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] (with or without [name_u]James[/name_u]) is so so lovely, I don’t think you need to keep looking, in all honesty!

Thanks for all your replies! There are some fantastic choices here.

@[name_f]Betty[/name_f]- [name_u]Ari[/name_u] is a great suggestion! I really love [name_u]Theo[/name_u] but its my nephew’s name. I’m going to see what hubby thinks of [name_m]Cato[/name_m] and [name_m]Erik[/name_m]. Thanks!

@flokoflo- [name_m]Arnaud[/name_m] is interesting. I like [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] but i don’t think its DH’s style.

@ashleyjuliette- thanks! [name_f]Juni[/name_f]'s name really suits her, we really love it! I’m glad you think [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is handsome. I like [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] but i know a couple of baby Flynns. [name_u]Van[/name_u] has been on and off my list for years, maybe i should revisit it.

@caroline- thank you! I want to find a combo that i love as much as [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] but maybe it won’t happen. I just want to feel like i’ve explored all the options!

Over the weekend we added:
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Nate[/name_m]
and [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] which was on our list when i was pregnant with [name_f]Juni[/name_f]. I love it but i think [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] might be too wacky.

I’m trying to figure out our style a bit more. My husband definitely prefers strong, masculine names (think [name_m]Diesel[/name_m] and [name_m]Tex[/name_m]…hmmm) whereas i like a bit of softness, so its a tricky balance. We both seem to be drawn to laid-back, informal names that aren’t too trendy. I’m not sure if that helps me very much though!

Any more suggestions are very welcome!

Tough order to fill - short, strong, unusual names, with a balance between masculine AND a bit of softness!! Tough call, though I must say that I think that [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] fits the bill on all of those counts. All the same, here are a few suggestions (sorry if there are any repetitions from above suggestions here):

[name_u]Ash[/name_u] or [name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u], w/NN [name_u]Gus[/name_u] or Auggie if you wish
[name_m]Baz[/name_m]
[name_m]Benno[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Dex[/name_m] (rhymes with [name_m]Tex[/name_m] for your husband! But isn’t overly masculine for you!)
[name_m]Eli[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Ira[/name_u]
[name_u]Joss[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Judson[/name_m] or [name_m]Judd[/name_m]
[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_m]Viggo[/name_m]

I also really like [name_u]Zephyr[/name_u], btw, and don’t think it sounds wacky alongside [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] (which I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] for a girl’s name!).

@hillymae- yes it is a big ask i know! I love your list. [name_m]Viggo[/name_m] particularly catches my eye. I really love [name_u]Joss[/name_u] and [name_u]Jude[/name_u] but they already got nixed :frowning:

I love [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] with [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]!

Other ideas that come to mind:
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]
[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivan[/name_m]
[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]
[name_m]Roland[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Errol[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Huckleberry[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_u]Finch[/name_u]
[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]
[name_u]Puck[/name_u]
[name_m]Viggo[/name_m]
[name_m]Hector[/name_m]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_m]Antony[/name_m]
[name_m]Cornelius[/name_m]
[name_m]Nemo[/name_m]
[name_m]Marco[/name_m]
[name_m]Hobbes[/name_m]
Alder

I love [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] with [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]! I am not usually a fan of 2 middle names, but [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] [name_m]Edward[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] is fantastic!

Sounds like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] is your name, I like the [name_u]Joss[/name_u] suggestion since that’s what I intended to call my [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] still trying to get dad on board :slight_smile: I also really liked [name_m]Oren[/name_m] and [name_u]Asa[/name_u] when we were looking. Hubby didn’t like [name_u]Asa[/name_u] but its awesome and [name_m]Oren[/name_m] didn’t work with our last name. I also like [name_m]Ramsey[/name_m] and [name_u]Orion[/name_u] but they don’t fit with my other kids names