Hope as a name?

So a friend of mine were talking this morning and she was asking me what I thought about [name]Hope[/name]. My best friend growing up was [name]Hope[/name] so it is near and dear to my heart, but… for some reason it feels incomplete as a first name to me. I could see something a long the lines of [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Hope[/name] (which I personally think is stunning, lol!), but she says she likes [name]Hope[/name] [name]Anne[/name]… [name]Just[/name] wondering your thoughts? (I told her I would get your opinions :slight_smile: )

I know a girl called [name]Hope[/name] in the year below me; I think it works as a name. [name]Hope[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is short but cute. I think [name]Hope[/name] is a little overused as a middle name. I like [name]Hope[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], though.

A friend of mine has a daughter named [name]Brooklyn[/name] Hopeful. they loved the name [name]Hope[/name], but believed it was overused as a middle name. So Hopeful it was. With the name Hopeful, it keeps the same meaning as [name]Hope[/name], while still being original. I like the name Hopeful [name]Elaine[/name], Hopeful [name]Claire[/name], Hopeful [name]Grayce[/name] or Hopeful [name]River[/name].

Hopeful is quite cute; gets past that bar of [name]Hope[/name] being a common middle name. :slight_smile:

I’ve had a think, and since [name]Hope[/name] is quite short, a longer middle name would be nice. I’ve tried to tailor some of these to “[name]Anne[/name]”:
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Mariana[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Annika[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Liliane[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Rosanne[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Annalisa[/name]

Also:
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Raphaela[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Camilla[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Dariela[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Gabriella[/name]
[name]Hope[/name] [name]Magdalena[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] is a fine name. Its not my preference tho. [name]Hope[/name] [name]Anne[/name] does seem a bit abrupt. [name]Hope[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is darling

I like both [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Hope[/name] and [name]Anne[/name] [name]Hope[/name] though I would prefer [name]Anna[/name] [name]Hope[/name] to [name]Anne[/name] (with a silent e). Really like the suggestion [name]Hope[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]. Hopeful seems like a joke name to me, no offense. Which doesn’t make sense since I really like Joyful and Jovial as names. I can see Hopeful growing on me.

Yes, [name]Hope[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is darling, but it looks like she is going with [name]Hope[/name] [name]Anne[/name]. I cannot imagine Hopeful as a name. I don’t think it is awful, but I just can’t imagine it… I also like [name]Anna[/name] [name]Hope[/name], but I am not in charge of naming this one, which is probably for the best, lol!! I will pass the suggetsions on to her :slight_smile: Thanks ladies!

I love [name]Hope[/name] as a FN! As a mn it seems like a filler, but I think it is really beautiful in the fn slot.

I think [name]Hope[/name] is a lovely name, first or middle! I like it to be paired with a longer name (Like [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Hope[/name] or [name]Hope[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]) just to feel like it is balanced out.

I think [name]Hope[/name] is fine! I automatically thought of the TV show Raising [name]Hope[/name], which is so cute and quirky. :slight_smile: I much prefer something like [name]Nadia[/name] (which means “hope”), but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with just [name]Hope[/name]. I wouldn’t do just [name]Hope[/name] [name]Anne[/name], though, since the 1-1 flow feels a bit stunted there for me. Has she considered [name]Hope[/name] [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Hope[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name], or [name]Hope[/name] [name]Annika[/name]?