Hopper

I absolutely adore it. Total guilty pleasure, I’m afraid, as my husband thinks I’m nuts.

What do you guys think though? Wearable? Or save it for our next pet?

[name]Pet[/name]. Definitely. All I can think of is A Bug’s Life when I hear it!

Really cute but more nickname/middle name appropriate.

[name]Pet[/name] name I think.
I just think of Kangeroo’s and bunny rabbits.

I think it’s pretty cool! I think of the artist though before I think of any other references. Maybe a middle name? I probably would not use it as a first name.

[name]Dennis[/name] [name]Hopper[/name], [name]Edward[/name] [name]Hopper[/name], “in the hopper”
Definitely an odd one. It calls to mind a gangly, cricket-like man, maybe an [name]Ichabod[/name].

exactly this!

if you were to use it, i’d only use it as a nn

Middle name, nickname, or pet name only.

I can’t blame your husband for thinking you’re nuts…

No, it’s not wearable as a given name. A middle name? Maybe. A nickname? Depends on the kid. A pet? Definitely.

[name]Don[/name]'t ruin your son’s life. He will not remain a kid forever.

Cute nn, but as a full name it sounds like a perpetual child. I have pleasant associations with the name, though, so with a formal first name, it could make a cute nickname.

It makes a cute nickname or a cute pet name.

I think it’s be okay as a middle name, or a name for a pet. Not as a first name, though.

Wow, thanks for the snide remarks about ruining my sons life. That’s constructive.

Like I said, we aren’t using it. I was just genuinely curious if anyone else saw the appeal here in the world of [name]Parker[/name], [name]Wilder[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Archer[/name], etc. My first connection is [name]Edward[/name] [name]Hopper[/name] though, so I don’t get the harm.

While I don’t think you should put it in the first name spot, [name]Hopper[/name] [name]Jack[/name] [name]Penn[/name] is doing pretty good with his life, so in no way will you “ruin you son’s life”.

Keep it in the middle, but a child named [name]Hopper[/name] will not be doomed to misery over it.

Edit (after seeing your last post): I definitely see the appeal! I would throw Hoppus (as an honor name) or Hopper as a cute variant in the middle in a heartbeat.

No way. Might be a good nn for a fetus before he/she is born though.

I’m not fan at all.

I guess we should be in the loony bin together then…I adore it! :slight_smile: I think of [name]Edward[/name] [name]Hopper[/name].

Ehhh…cute pet name.

Wow, do people even try to feign open-mindedness anymore?

I love [name]Hopper[/name] and as jess0044 mentioned, there’s a precedent with [name]Sean[/name] & [name]Robin[/name] [name]Wright[/name] [name]Penn[/name]'s son [name]Hopper[/name] [name]Jack[/name]. I think it’s a great first name and isn’t all that different stylistically from many of the occupation names that Berries fawn over