Hot Takes? 🤭

I know people just named [name_u]Allie[/name_u] and [name_u]Max[/name_u] as well. I also know many other people with nicknamey names. Most people assume it’s a nickname, but no one bats an eye when they find out it’s not. It definitely could be regional, but I’ve met these people across the US, not just in one region of the country… :thinking:

2 Likes

I can’t remember meeting many Maxes (alliteration!), but I’ve know a lot of people named [name_u]Alex[/name_u]. [name_u]Lexi[/name_u](e) is another one I seem to hear a lot.

2 Likes

It is a very sweet name. I know a [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] nn [name_u]Sam[/name_u] and she is seriously one of the sweetest people I know

3 Likes

Me either. :slight_smile:

Me either. :slight_smile:

Wow, looks like I got you berries (politely) fired up! I think we can all at least agree that as a rule, you should be partial to the name you put on a kids birth certificate, which is what I was getting at. I agree there are some exceptions, though…

(I know this isn’t the meme thread but I couldn’t resist…!)

21 Likes

this is like using [name_f]Lizzie[/name_f] (short for Lizard).

7 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] mom goes by [name_f]Liz[/name_f] and I told her she should say that if someone ever calls her [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] because she hates her full name :rofl:

5 Likes

Hot take: [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is NMSAA. Berries, you’re gonna kill me, I know! :rofl: I just don’t see the appeal. :confused:

1 Like

ever since that tumblr post from like 6 years ago people have made this joke so many times :rofl: I DONT EVEN GO BY LIZ AND PEOPLE HAVE ME IN THEIR CONTACTS AS LIZARD PLEASE

3 Likes

it’s destiny… always meant to be your name

also I know it’s a tumblr post from six years ago, but hey I had a 2012-tumblr phase two years ago, and now all the bad text posts live in my head rent-free

4 Likes

i’m lizard now :stuck_out_tongue: lizard life :lizard:

6 Likes

I like names that take a moment to learn to pronounce- at least in the case of my own name. If you take a moment to learn to say my name, you take a moment to learn about me.

16 Likes

Me too! I love finding out how to pronounce names I see often on nameberry but aren’t sure about! Usually they sound much prettier than how I would guess they are pronounced without knowing, and Irish names like [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] are a great example of that!

4 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

I like the name [name_f]Eve[/name_f] a lot. It’s under-appreciated.

8 Likes

Wow, really? [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] is my best friend’s name and she’s awesome.

1 Like

The [name_f]Addie[/name_f] trend is the 2020s version of the [name_f]Maddie[/name_f] trend.

16 Likes

I don’t like the name [name_f]Flora[/name_f] :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

I don’t really see [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]’s appeal.

9 Likes