Hot Takes? šŸ¤­

jumping into this whole conversationā€¦

echoing what @cadhlamarie95 said, personally, i think that it kinda depends on the said combo! if the combo is made up of very classic, established names, (letā€™s take [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] for example) it seems much more irrational for you to be mad that it was ā€˜stolenā€™. on the other hand, if you like very unique, under-the-radar names, and someone happens to steal a combo made out of them, (for example, @halinkaā€™s [name_f]Mari[/name_f] Driftwood) itā€™s much more understandable for you to be irritated.

my two cents :ā€™)

also, matilda is the absolute best way to get the nickname millie.

9 Likes

the meanings of Yoruba names always get me!! theyā€™re some of the nicest meanings iā€™ve seen

9 Likes

I prefer [name_u]George[/name_u] on a girl, Iā€™ll take my leave now

12 Likes

While I did love seeing [name_u]George[/name_u] on the female lead character in Dead Like Me, I tend to look at [name_u]George[/name_u] as a boyā€™s nameā€¦ probably because of the people named [name_u]George[/name_u] Iā€™ve known are male.

1 Like

I think of it as a more masc name too, I just prefer it for a girl :sweat_smile: I guess cause I like [name_u]Georgie[/name_u] and [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] so it sounds just like a more masculine nickname than a full name itself? Idk

4 Likes

I quite like it as a nickname, even one to go by all of the time, but if I were named [name_u]George[/name_u], Iā€™d want to have a longer name to fall back on.
This actually made me think that [name_u]George[/name_u] & [name_u]August[/name_u] as nicknames for [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f] and [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] would be quite the lovely set.

5 Likes

Ok thatā€™d be absolutely adorable with those nicknames

4 Likes

I love George as a nickname for Georgiana. Iā€™ve never been a fan of August- names, but George and August would be adorable, especially as NNs for Georgiana and Augusta. Though I would definitely skip the long name pairing Georgia and Augusta.

2 Likes

Maybe a third sister [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] nn [name_u]Henry[/name_u]?
Now Iā€™ll be spending quite some time looking for other names to fit this setā€¦

6 Likes

Youā€™re killing me I also love [name_u]Henry[/name_u] as a nickname for a girl

5 Likes

Iā€™m not sure this belongs here and I donā€™t want to rehash stuff but just wanted to say after seeing peopleā€™s quite strong emotions - Iā€™d never duplicate someoneā€™s combo on purpose but if anyone ever spots that I have done so inadvertently on my UC (or when mentioning a new combo) - please donā€™t sit on it, just message me and I will remove it. Donā€™t want to upset anyone. That is all.

2 Likes

I know a [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] nn [name_u]George[/name_u], which I love

1 Like

I dislike the name [name_f]Virginia[/name_f], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], and [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m] for the same reason. I think of the first part, Virgin, Gide(Giddy) and [name_m]Gil[/name_m] (Gill).

1 Like

[name_u]Anne[/name_u] is a name that I only seem to like as a first name. I think because [name_u]Anne[/name_u] seems fresh in that context while Ann/Anne is a relatively common middle name as it works well with so many first names.

5 Likes

I actually have George and August as a brother/sister sibset.

1 Like

Where I am, august is strictly male, because itā€™s not seen as a month name (though it is) but as a form of Augustus; theyā€™re also pronounced differently (AU-gust for the name and au-GUST for the month), so it doesnā€™t feel very unisex to me, which is why Iā€™d always want a longer name to fall back on for any gender-bender names.
I do think it would be fun to have a set like [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_u]Henry[/name_u], [name_u]George[/name_u], [name_m]Philip[/name_m], [name_m]Thomas[/name_m], [name_f]Lissie[/name_f], [name_f]Edie[/name_f] & [name_f]Emmie[/name_f], though - with the full names being [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f], [name_f]Georgiana[/name_f], [name_f]Philippa[/name_f], [name_f]Thomasina[/name_f], [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] & [name_m]Emilian[/name_m], for example, it certainly would surprise a few people!

4 Likes

I like [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] & [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] way better for boys šŸ§šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] is adorable on boys! although i cant really see [name_f]Birdie[/name_f] on a boy, it seems very feminine to me.

5 Likes

Mine is that the Hot Takes :face_with_hand_over_mouth: emoji looks more like someone yawning then anything else

8 Likes

since almaā€™s been trending a bit on nameberry, why not wilma too? i think sheā€™s quite ready for a comeback!

11 Likes