Hot Takes? šŸ¤­

jude on a girl is actually adorable and i think i prefer it to jude on a boy.

14 Likes

I adore [name_u]Jude[/name_u] on both, but this is the same situation with [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] for me :black_heart:

7 Likes

LOVE !

Also LOVE! As a stand-alone but also as a nn for Judith :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Though I do still slightly prefer it on a boy as itā€™s been my number 1 boy name for soo long

4 Likes

I find it funny that some people describe [name_f]Desiree[/name_f] as a ā€œstripperā€ name because my first association is Swedish royalty :grin: [name_f]Queen[/name_f] and princesses!

11 Likes

They do? :flushed:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve heard so

2 Likes

I love meeting anyone with a unique or unusual name, regardless of whether I like the name or not.

13 Likes

Iā€™m sorry but my baby sis just said that Mckinzlynn is better than [name_u]Mars[/name_u] and Iā€™m very disappointed

Probably doesnā€™t go in hot takes but itā€™s here anyway

14 Likes

[name_u]Baby[/name_u] sisā€™ hot take

9 Likes

I donā€™t care if sisters are named [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]! It doesnā€™t bother me in the slightest!

:fire: hottest take of all :fire:

17 Likes

branching off of what @eattacosforbreakfast said, why should we even care what people name their kids, anyways? their name doesnā€™t affect your life. it seems like a lot of berries are like, offended by ā€œmodernā€ names like brynleigh and such, and okay, i get that you donā€™t like it, i donā€™t either, but this is a real person with a real name.
berries are not the ā€œultimate naming bossesā€:tm:, and not everyone has the same style. you arenā€™t gonna be changing that kidā€™s name, no matter how much you think it ā€œsucksā€.

to sum this up, my hot take: i donā€™t know why we criticize other peopleā€™s names. itā€™s honestly pointless.

(and if i end up getting a lot of heat for thisā€¦oops. i donā€™t have the ulterior say here, these are just my thoughts.)

(:

16 Likes

I think we can view naming as a parenting choice, and those should be discussed in society because not everyone will be aware of every possible consequence of a choice.
That is not to say you should go up to somebody in the store and criticise them, whether itā€™s for yelling at their child or naming their little girl Jane-Austen; but I do think in a broader, non-confrontational discussion, it is helpful to look at names and their usability and give advice based on that (just like it would be with other parenting choices).
Personally I find myself to be even more conservative when it comes to names than the average [name_u]Berry[/name_u] because I donā€™t subscribe to the idea that if parents love a name they should use it; to me, that doesnā€™t go together with the often very child-orientated parenting advice found on here as well.

7 Likes

and i do see this side of it as well! i think you bring up a great point of the parenting side of it, which makes complete sense. it also seems that the criticism comes in different ways and forms, and i really like your opinion on that, thank you.

(also, unrelated, but jane-austen would be kinda cute without the actual person in question! :joy:)

3 Likes

I do think it would be a favourite of quite a few people on here, I also could see it being popular in the US south!

And I definitely agree about criticising the names of real people, thereā€™s no use in doing that!

3 Likes

[name_f]Every[/name_f] time read [name_f]Cosima[/name_f] in my head I read it as Cosmia for some reasonā€¦ the typo version is so much better :relieved:

8 Likes

Is it weird that I kind of agree with your sister?

If thatā€™s your style nothin wrong with that! Itā€™s just very much not mine

3 Likes

Okay, [name_f]Bambi[/name_f] is cute. Like I really love it. Like, itā€™s my NOTD.

5 Likes

I absolutely adore [name_f]Bambi[/name_f], thatā€™s a gp of mine.

[name_f]My[/name_f] hot take: Iā€™m not a fan of [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] as nn for [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or any other names that ends in ā€˜lotteā€™, I much prefer [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] as a nn.

Also [name_m]Benny[/name_m] as a nn for [name_f]Berenice[/name_f], [name_f]Benjamina[/name_f] or [name_f]Bernadette[/name_f] is super cute or even by itself

2 Likes

Me either! How many people know they are variations, and even if they do, they donā€™t sound the same! Unless they are Izzy and Lizzy or Belle and Beth, I think it is ok.

Iā€™ve known people with the middle Austin and a first of a 1 syllable name starting J, but only guys.

1 Like