Hot Takes? 🤭

yes ! and i don’t understand how most flower names are feminine too when they’d be so nice unisex :tired_face:

12 Likes

I think that about work and nature names in general, [name_f]Opal[/name_f] is a stone it doesn’t have a gender let me enjoy it for a boy :sob:

15 Likes

Jen/Gen is a seriously underrated nn.

7 Likes

august is best on a girl and jules is best on a boy

5 Likes

I didn’t find Asfeia / Asfeya on nb and was upset:( as for me, Asfeia > Anthea >> Althea

1 Like

hot take: ‘mouse’ is an adorable nickname for a little girl :heart: it doesn’t even matter what name

14 Likes

Using multiple forms of the same name in a sibset is totally fine! I understand not wanting to, but using both [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], or [name_u]Jack[/name_u] and [name_u]Sean[/name_u] is rarely going to be noticed IRL!

(obviously this doesn’t go for soundalikes like [name_f]Amelia[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelie[/name_f], lol)

18 Likes

I think of August from The Secret Life of Bees, where her name’s drawled as “Awg-ust.” It’s like a pitcher of sweet southern sunshine and it perfectly suits her earthy strength. She’s the best wearer of the name August I’ve ever seen personally.

Although I support its unisex applicability and find it very handsome on boys as well.

3 Likes

I just don’t get the hype around [name_f]Anouk[/name_f]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_u]Noor[/name_u]. Two [name_u]Berry[/name_u] favourites I can’t ever seem to see myself liking for some reason?

Please tell me I’m not the only one…

11 Likes

[name_u]Noor[/name_u] is just so so so so so common and generic and the [name_f]English[/name_f] pronunciation isn’t really appealing

I like [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] though

2 Likes

Both [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] and [name_u]Noor[/name_u] seem rather boring to me. I’ve met so many. I think I could like [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] if I could see it with fresh eyes, maybe, but [name_u]Noor[/name_u] just isn’t very appealing to me.

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] theory is that it’s because to be a parent who lets your kids skateboard you have to be really cool yourself because or else A/ You will be laughed out of the skate park by a bunch of teens or B/ You will have to go on heart medication. I follow a mom online whose older two girls are into skateboarding and whilst it’s quite a vintage sibset it’s still quite cool and they have cool nicknames. I think it’s just a side effect.

4 Likes

[name_u]Noor[/name_u] only feels comforting to me because it was the name of a friend of mine who I sadly fell out of touch with, so it just brings back happy memories for me. :relieved: Otherwise, I don’t think I’d get the hype either. [name_f]Anouk[/name_f], though, I kinda get, but also I can’t get over the obvious association with it :pensive:

1 Like

I’m neutral on [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] only because I have such a similar name I prefer that I haven’t really considered [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] much at all.

[name_u]Noor[/name_u] is like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] (another [name_u]Berry[/name_u] favourite) to me. I love the meaning, but I’m not really a fan of the name. I’ve tried in the past because it’s one of those that is seemingly perfect otherwise, but I just can’t get my head around it.

1 Like

[name_u]James[/name_u] is my least favourite name to gender-bender, I’d much rather [name_u]Joseph[/name_u] or [name_u]Henry[/name_u] or whatever as female names over [name_u]James[/name_u], it just… sounds wrong? Idk

2 Likes

[name_f]Brenda[/name_f] is a much prettier name than popular opinion says it is! I know one in her early 20s :slight_smile:

8 Likes

It’s special to me because it’s my great grandmother’s name. If it wasn’t, I probably wouldn’t consider it for a middle.

I’m the other way round! I prefer [name_u]James[/name_u] on a girl than a boy.

4 Likes

Aeiou would make a cute name, but it may be a bit too… vowel-y :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

[name_f]Brenda[/name_f] is probably my favorite common name for the 50-70 age group! I adore the meaning - [name_m]Blade[/name_m] of a sword. Very bad*ss :heart_eyes:

2 Likes